How can I abbreviate the home folder when copying path to clipboard?

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine showed me in Launcher there's an option to abbreviate the home folder when copying the path to the clipboard. Does Alfred have this feature? It's extremely useful for us because we share Dropbox links for files all the time via JIRA. For example, abbreviating the home folder in Launcher would change this:

/Users/Mike/Dropbox/products/content/videos/planning/video1.mp4

into this:

~/Dropbox/products/content/videos/planning/video1.mp4

This makes links easier to read, and I'd really love to enable this in Alfred but I can't find the feature anywhere. Does it exist?

Mike

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine showed me in Launcher there's an option to abbreviate the home folder when copying the path to the clipboard. Does Alfred have this feature? It's extremely useful for us because we share Dropbox links for files all the time via JIRA. For example, abbreviating the home folder in Launcher would change this:

/Users/Mike/Dropbox/products/content/videos/planning/video1.mp4

into this:

~/Dropbox/products/content/videos/planning/video1.mp4

This makes links easier to read, and I'd really love to enable this in Alfred but I can't find the feature anywhere. Does it exist?

Mike

It doesn't but you could create a Result Action that could do this for you. The result action would accept the full path and you would just need to make it do a search and replace in the string to replace /Users/Mike with ~. 

Do you know how to do something like this? If not, I could help you or even make it for you if you'd like

It doesn't but you could create a Result Action that could do this for you. The result action would accept the full path and you would just need to make it do a search and replace in the string to replace /Users/Mike with ~. 

Do you know how to do something like this? If not, I could help you or even make it for you if you'd like

Hi David,

I do not know how to do that, unfortunately. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike