Can I filter files by pattern from my "open/find" search?

Is there a way of preventing files appearing in the search? I use Microsoft office which I sync with Google Drive. That means I get a lot of lock files on my disk when other uses edit files in Word or whatever. They all have names based on the filename with ~$ at the beginning. Anyway, when I search for a filename I often get a few of these lock files in the response. Can they be filtered out?

Is there a way of preventing files appearing in the search? I use Microsoft office which I sync with Google Drive. That means I get a lot of lock files on my disk when other uses edit files in Word or whatever. They all have names based on the filename with ~$ at the beginning. Anyway, when I search for a filename I often get a few of these lock files in the response. Can they be filtered out?

Alfred uses Spotlight's metadata server for performing queries so, typically, you could add things into the Privacy tab of Spotlight's preferences to make Alfred not get those results. This works for individual files and folders though. This wouldn't provide the ability to hide individual lock files or to hide files based on a pattern.