Alfred won't start at launch + behaves funny [Fixed 2.7.3 b409 pre-release]

sebapage

Hello.

Since updating to Alfred 2.7.2 yesterday, Alfred behaves funny.

1. It doesn't automatically launches at login, although everything is set up so it does. I checked and made sure Alfred was allowed to launch at login in Apple > System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login items, and it is correctly set.

2. After manually launching Alfred, it won't remember the placement of the search bar. No matter what I do, it always goes back towards the top of the screen rather than the middle, where I prefer it to be.

Machine: MacBook Air with Yosemite 10.10.5

Alfred version: latest

Problem first appeared after latest update

Is that a know issue? If not, is there any workaround?

Thank you

Hello.

Is that a know issue? If not, is there any workaround?

Thank you

As for Alfred not launching (or not displaying on initial launch), there have been murmurs of this and I'm currently looking into a solution.

As for the window position not saving, could you make sure you have "Save window position" ticked in Alfred's Appearance > Options.

Let me know how you get on :)

Cheers,

Andrew

Ok so I feel stupid not checking the "save window position" option, because it was off. I guess I didn't think about it as I probably assumed in the back of my head this wasn't the problem since it always worked fine. Anyways, I'll stop making excuses for myself :)

If you need anything from me to try to replicate this launch issue, please let me know.

Thanks

I'll take the risk to sound ignorant here... So what you're telling me is drag/drop alfred 2.app into Applications folder, which will overwrite my current version, right?

Yep, exactly that! Just quit Alfred 2 first else OS X will tell you that you can't overwrite the app as it's running :)