Alfred 2.7.2 breaks paste integration with IntelliJ IDEA 14 [Workaround 2.7.3 b411 pre-release]

wgorgichuk

Using version 2.7.2 I can no longer consistently paste items from the history into IntelliJ.

To reproduce:

1. Copy a few pieces of text from IntelliJ

2. Open the Alfred paste history window

3. Use your arrow keys to navigate to a previous piece of copied text.

4. Use enter to paste it.

Alfred will only ever paste the last piece of copied text, anything else from the history will not get pasted.  This worked prior to the 2.7.2 update.  It seems to work fine in other programs just IntelliJ seems affected.  Also if I change my focus from IntelliJ and switch back, I can paste as expected.  So it only occurs directly after a copy in IntelliJ.

My OSx version is 10.10.5

Using version 2.7.2 I can no longer consistently paste items from the history into IntelliJ.

To reproduce:

1. Copy a few pieces of text from IntelliJ

2. Open the Alfred paste history window

3. Use your arrow keys to navigate to a previous piece of copied text.

4. Use enter to paste it.

Alfred will only ever paste the last piece of copied text, anything else from the history will not get pasted.  This worked prior to the 2.7.2 update.  It seems to work fine in other programs just IntelliJ seems affected.  Also if I change my focus from IntelliJ and switch back, I can paste as expected.  So it only occurs directly after a copy in IntelliJ.

Have you seen / tried the solution posted here:

http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/7343-pasting-from-clipboad-history-viewer-doesnt-work-consistently-with-intellij/?p=38988

Same here for PHPStorm 9.0

My OSX version is 10.10.4

If you update to the latest pre-release from Alfred's Update tab (b411), you'll now be able to set a "Compatibility" mode in the Appearance > Options. This will make Alfred take focus like he did in 2.7.1 and should solve your issue!

[moving to closed]