Alfred toggle won't work on startup

dwilt4rville

Ever since updating to v2.7.2 (407), Alfred's shortcut key for me (cmd+space) will not work when I restart. I haven't updated my OS (10.10.5) in months or changed anything - it's been working perfectly since then. It happened immediately after updating Alref to the latest. I'm able to reproduce it every time I restart. When my macbook pro restarts, Alfred starts up like normal but I can't toggle the search input open by hitting cmd+space. I have to quit Alfred, restart it, and THEN the toggle will work. I've checked my keyboard shortcuts and cmd+space is turned off for Spotlight.

Ever since updating to v2.7.2 (407), Alfred's shortcut key for me (cmd+space) will not work when I restart. I haven't updated my OS (10.10.5) in months or changed anything - it's been working perfectly since then. It happened immediately after updating Alref to the latest. I'm able to reproduce it every time I restart. When my macbook pro restarts, Alfred starts up like normal but I can't toggle the search input open by hitting cmd+space. I have to quit Alfred, restart it, and THEN the toggle will work. I've checked my keyboard shortcuts and cmd+space is turned off for Spotlight.

This will be resolved if you update to the 2.7.3 pre-release, which you can download by launching Alfred's preferences to the Update tab and choosing "pre-release" at the bottom. :)

Cheers,

Vero

• 2 months later...

Hi, i use the current version 2.8.1 (425) and i have exact the same problem since a longer time. The shortcut CMD-Space is forgotten after each restart of Alfred and resetted back to ALT-SPACE.

I can re-set it manual to CMD-SPACE and this works, but only until the next restart.

(Your tutorial https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/cmd-space/i have followed.)

What i can to?

Best regards

Michael

Hi, i use the current version 2.8.1 (425) and i have exact the same problem since a longer time. The shortcut CMD-Space is forgotten after each restart of Alfred and resetted back to ALT-SPACE.

I can re-set it manual to CMD-SPACE and this works, but only until the next restart.

(Your tutorial https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/cmd-space/i have followed.)

What i can to?

Best regards

Michael

Hi Michael,

Your issue will be different to the one above; It seems your Alfred preferences are not persisting between restarts of your Mac. This can be caused by a corrupted preferences file, or OS X not allowing Alfred to write to disk because of permissions issue.

Take a look at this page for details on persisting preferences, and don't hesitate to ask if you need further help :)

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/preferences/

Cheers,

Vero