Sign in to follow this  
rspike12

removing the external hard drive

Hi

two days ago I told Alfred to monitor and index the folders that I've in an external hard drive.

I notice that if I resume my mac from sleeping, before I'm able to use Alfred I have a latency due to the fact that Alfred is waiting my external drive to wake up from the stand by.

So I decided to remove the external hard drive from the "Search Scope" in Alfred but I still notice the latency that I had not before adding the external drive.

What is going on? I have to remove the external drive form Alfred in another way?

Edited by rspike12

Hi

two days ago I told Alfred to monitor and index the folders that I've in an external hard drive.

I notice that if I resume my mac from sleeping, before I'm able to use Alfred I have a latency due to the fact that Alfred is waiting my external drive to wake up from the stand by.

So I decided to remove the external hard drive from the "Search Scope" in Alfred but I still notice the latency that I had not before adding the external drive.

What is going on? I have to remove the external drive form Alfred in another way?

Is Spotlight indexing the drive as well? You could also set OS X to not put the drive to sleep. That setting can be found in Energy Saver preference pane.