Loosing access to clipboard via hotkey

quadbyte

Since I started using the v2 Beta in January I'm having a recuring issue where my clipboard viewer hotkey suddenly stop working.
The assigned hotkey is "Command + Option + V"   It was working fine with Alfred 1.x .

When I loose access to the hotkey I usually go to Alfred preferences, click the hotkey field, set the exact same hotkey "Command + Option + V"  and it restores the functionality.

It happens to me everyday on both my computer (iMac an Macbook) both on ML 10.8.2.    

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a step to reproduce the issue. It just happens...

I'm using a typematrix keyboard with a Dvorak layout, but I don't think it's relevant. 

I tried checking all my apps to find a possible conflict but did not find any

If you need more info, let me know.

Since I started using the v2 Beta in January I'm having a recuring issue where my clipboard viewer hotkey suddenly stop working.

The assigned hotkey is "Command + Option + V"   It was working fine with Alfred 1.x .

When I loose access to the hotkey I usually go to Alfred preferences, click the hotkey field, set the exact same hotkey "Command + Option + V"  and it restores the functionality.

It happens to me everyday on both my computer (iMac an Macbook) both on ML 10.8.2.    

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a step to reproduce the issue. It just happens...

I'm using a typematrix keyboard with a Dvorak layout, but I don't think it's relevant. 

I tried checking all my apps to find a possible conflict but did not find any

If you need more info, let me know.

Do you have syncing setup to Dropbox's Apps folder? If so, try re-syncing outside of this folder as it has been known to cause issues

• 3 weeks later...

I'm syncing in a custom folder :  ~/Dropbox/Private/Alfred

It's still happening with v2.0.2, each computer tends to "steal" the shortcut to the other.

On my iMac (with Dvorak keyboard) I also have two modifier keys switched (options <=> command)  maybe it's a clue ?

I'm syncing in a custom folder :  ~/Dropbox/Private/Alfred

It's still happening with v2.0.2, each computer tends to "steal" the shortcut to the other.

On my iMac (with Dvorak keyboard) I also have two modifier keys switched (options <=> command)  maybe it's a clue ?

This is a bit of an odd dilemma and a tiny bit chicken and egg... OS X registers hotkey via key code rather than character, and Alfred discovers the key location / code when setting the hotkey, so if you have different keyboard layouts on different Macs and this hotkey is synced, I can understand why this may be happening.

At this point, I'm not entirely sure what I can do to avoid this situation other than making the clipboard hotkey not synced, but this would frustrate every other Alfred user using syncing. I've added a note to have a think about what could be done to work around this for 2.0.3.