Faves - Formerly Favorite Folders

Hi, there is something wrong after delete an item from faves list.

When add to favorite without delete any item, favorites.json is like following:

["\/Users\/suyejun\/Dropbox","\/Users\/suyejun\/Dropbox\/code"]

After you delete an item from faves list, favorites.json is like following: 

{"1":"\/Users\/suyejun\/Dropbox\/code"}

Then, when I delete an item, it cannot match any item in my favs list and delete nothing.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I third the deletion issue. Even uninstalling and reinstalling did not get rid of them.

It is not working for me either...

Deletion of folders/files is not working

Hi, there is something wrong after delete an item from faves list.

When add to favorite without delete any item, favorites.json is like following:

["\/Users\/suyejun\/Dropbox","\/Users\/suyejun\/Dropbox\/code"]

After you delete an item from faves list, favorites.json is like following: 

{"1":"\/Users\/suyejun\/Dropbox\/code"}

Then, when I delete an item, it cannot match any item in my favs list and delete nothing.

Try this download. I found that the workflow was using unset to delete items from an array, which messed up the indices. This version uses array_splice to remove items, thus reconstructing the indices and preserving the array.

It also uses array_values to regenerate your existing favorites list, saving it as an array instead of an object.

It's a small fix, but say the word if it works for you  :)

Edited by Tyler Eich
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello :)

Thanks for trying to solve it. Unfortunately I tried the new download but I am still getting the problem.

best,

Dionysis

Hi,

As you can see below, I can't delete items from my faves list anymore no matter how many times I press ctrl+Enter. I even removed the whole workflow and reinstalled it. They are still there. Any help? Thanks

http://cl.ly/image/1c0Y1O3u2c1O

Hello,

I have the same problem.

I can't delete items from my faves list with press ctrl+Enter :-(

What is wrong ? Is there any solution? THX

I got my new iMac and having same issue. I can't remove folders from my list.

I took another stab at this deletion issue. Since David said the problem was related to the workflows.php class, I ported his code to Python (and added a few features).

Download

The workflow should 'just work'. If it doesn't let me know ;)

Changes:

• 'Remove from Favorites' file action added
  • More flexible filtering using 'fuzzy' search
  • 'Reveal in Finder' action
  • Automatic removal of items that no longer exist on your system
  • Automatic removal of duplicate items
  • New icons
Edited by Tyler Eich

I think you guys may be falling victim to a weird bug I've had with my Workflows class. I haven't been able to replicate it so it's hard for me to test and fix it. There have only been a few users who see it. I would bet that it's, once again, that the code for some odd reason isn't able to read the bundle id from the workflow folder. The Workflows class reads the workflows info.plist to grab bundle id. It uses that bundle id to create folders to storing data in on your machine. If it doesn't read the bundle id, the path gets messed up and causes weird issues like this. I wish I had access to a machine that was having this problem so I could tinker with it a minute and find the problem :(

I know I am a little bit late, but if you want to you can access my machine if it helps you solve the problem. PM me if interested. Always glad to help ;)

Tyler, thanks so much, works for me too. I'd stopped using this workflow because I had a bunch of non-existent folders coming up after a reorganisation . The addition of the dedicated "Remove From Favourites" option is also welcomed!

The 'faves' keyword is less likely to bring up a bunch of other app folders than 'favorites' (i.e. Adobe core folders etc) but of course that's easy enough to change ourselves :)

Edited by nwebb
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...