Filtering Script Filter results with arguments?

Newbie question, and maybe I'm missing something, but does Alfred not filter the results of a script filter based on arguments? I have a fully functioning filter, but it seems odd that Alfred doesn't filter the results based on the value of the argument.

For example, if I have a script filter with the keyword "Press", requiring an argument, and the items "one","two","three", I'd expect that typing "Press o"  would limit the results to "Press one", where typing: "Press t" would limit the results to "Press two" and "Press three"

I've tried both populating and omitting the uid field, to no effect, though I do understand that this field is primarily for "learning".

Am I doing something wrong, or is this expected behavior?

Edited by mschultz

Newbie question, and maybe I'm missing something, but does Alfred not filter the results of a script filter based on arguments? I have a fully functioning filter, but it seems odd that Alfred doesn't filter the results based on the value of the argument.

For example, if I have a script filter with the keyword "Press", requiring an argument, and the items "one","two","three", I'd expect that typing "Press o"  would limit the results to "Press one", where typing: "Press t" would limit the results to "Press two" and "Press three"

I've tried both populating and omitting the uid field, to no effect, though I do understand that this field is primarily for "learning".

Am I doing something wrong, or is this expected behavior?

It is the expected behavior of Alfred. Script Filter results basically aren't processed by Alfred. It's up to you, the developer to do that selection and/or filter the results based on the input by the user.