Colors—convert color formats & access the OS X color panel

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Is it possible to make the "magnifying glass" in color picker already active (just ready to fetch the pixel color), and after that to close the dialog and bring Alfred back? I know it's a detail, but saving those two clicks would be awesome :)

Anyway, awesome extension - thanks!

Hey,

Is it possible to make the "magnifying glass" in color picker already active (just ready to fetch the pixel color), and after that to close the dialog and bring Alfred back? I know it's a detail, but saving those two clicks would be awesome :)

Anyway, awesome extension - thanks!

Glad you like it! :)

I'm hesitant to add this for a few reasons: 1) it would require GUI scripting, which is not the most reliable 2) it would prevent users from accessing the normal color picker as easily

I think you can replace the second click with hitting enter, though ;)

Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update :)

v1.21 (Jul 31, 2013): Fixed an error that prevented named color lookups

Download

Note: Some users may already have v1.3. That release was experimental and may not be stable; at the very least, it does not have the latest bug fix. Users of v1.3 will have to download this release manually.

Edited by Tyler Eich
  • 2 weeks later...

First off thanks for the great Workflow.

Secondly, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not because when I input rgb(0,0,0) I don't get any results... 

However if I input rgb(0,0,0,) or rgb(0,0,0,1) I do.

When I input a #hex it does return rgb without the trailing , or alpha.

Something I need to configure on my end?

Edited by kirklove

First off thanks for the great Workflow.

Secondly, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not because when I input rgb(0,0,0) I don't get any results... 

However if I input rgb(0,0,0,) or rgb(0,0,0,1) I do.

When I input a #hex it does return rgb without the trailing , or alpha.

Something I need to configure on my end?

It should 'just work', no configuration needed  :wacko:

When you say 'no results', do you mean that you get the 'No Results' item from Colors (it will have the rainbow circle icon) or do you mean Alfred shows Fallback results (like a Google Search)?

Just to check, are you using the latest version (v1.4)?

Hmm... Yes, sorry without the Alpha channel I get the fallback Google Search... I am using v1.4, downloaded it yesterday.

This is what I get: http://cl.ly/image/2G2U0C133828

I can't replicate your bug on my system, no matter how hard I try :(

Could you download and run this workflow? It will run every module of Colors and copy the results to your Clipboard. Hopefully that will let me know what error you're getting and, by extension, how I can fix it.

Cheers  :)

I can't replicate your bug on my system, no matter how hard I try :(

Could you download and run this workflow? It will run every module of Colors and copy the results to your Clipboard. Hopefully that will let me know what error you're getting and, by extension, how I can fix it.

Cheers  :)

Thanks. I ran it and have the output. Did you want me to paste the output directly into this forum or send it via another method?

Thanks. I ran it and have the output. Did you want me to paste the output directly into this forum or send it via another method?

Whatever you like best! If you want to paste into the forums, do that; Sharetext is a great service for this purpose, since there's nothing private in the output.

However you like to share it is fine with me ;)