Slow preferences pop time

ramiro.araujo

Hi

I'm having a strange behavior with Alfred v2, both the last version and the current (didn't try previous).

Whenever clicking the preferences button (or cmd + ,) the preferences panel takes around 10 seconds! to show. After that everything looks ok, but definitely looks odd.

I'm on 10.8.2, retina MBP 13"

Cheers

Ramiro

Hi

I'm having a strange behavior with Alfred v2, both the last version and the current (didn't try previous).

Whenever clicking the preferences button (or cmd + ,) the preferences panel takes around 10 seconds! to show. After that everything looks ok, but definitely looks odd.

I'm on 10.8.2, retina MBP 13"

Cheers

Ramiro

Hmm, I haven't seen this... Could you open Activity Monitor.app during this delay, select Alfred Preferences and click the Sample Process button. This will let me know where it's waiting for you.

Hi Andrew
Sure, here is the log: http://interactive-works.net/temp/_zip/alfred-log-and-screenshot.zip

I'm also adding a screenshot with a process called "taskgated" which consumes lots of CPU, and is visible those 10 seconds I'm talking about. Plus, I also noticed the same delay on Alfred2 startup, and the same process.

pd: Can I upload files in here? :)

Cheers

Ramiro

Hi Andrew

Sure, here is the log: http://interactive-works.net/temp/_zip/alfred-log-and-screenshot.zip

I'm also adding a screenshot with a process called "taskgated" which consumes lots of CPU, and is visible those 10 seconds I'm talking about. Plus, I also noticed the same delay on Alfred2 startup, and the same process.

pd: Can I upload files in here? :)

Cheers

Ramiro

Hmm the sample doesn't show Alfred doing anything significant at this time. I'm wondering if it's something to do with Gatekeeper and there is something corrupt on your system which is making this process happen undesirably.

Could you create a new user profile, switch to that user and see if it happens there?

(p.s. no uploading on the forum for now)