Sign in to follow this  
London

Forcing DuckDuckGo searches/No Google search

I unchecked the enable boxes for all Google and Amazon searches, but when I search, I only get Google, Amazon and Wiki options, and no DuckDuckGo (or other) searches. This worked perfectly before I lost my preferences. What am I doing wrong? Is it possible to delete Google search entirely? 

Sounds like what you are getting is the fallback results.

If you enable a search engine in the "Web Search" tab, you need to invoke it with a keyword.
DuckDuckGo should show up if you start writing "Duck ".

Fallbacks are shown when your query doesn't match a keyword or an app or what ever else you've set Alfred to look for.
If you want DuckDuckGo to show up as one of the fallback results, you can do that too.
In the "Default Results" tab, at the very bottom, there is a button called "Setup fallback results". You can manage the fallbacks there.

Edited by joonas

I unchecked the enable boxes for all Google and Amazon searches, but when I search, I only get Google, Amazon and Wiki options, and no DuckDuckGo (or other) searches. This worked perfectly before I lost my preferences. What am I doing wrong? Is it possible to delete Google search entirely? 

In addition to joonas' reply, take a look at the page on Fallback searches for more details:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/features/default-results/fallback-searches/

You can add web searches, custom searches or even workflows to your fallback searches :)

Cheers,

Vero