Trigger snippets directly from Default results

leos

Is there any way to access snippets directly from the default results?

I'd like to be able to just type in the name of the snippet into the Alfred box.

I know there's a separate hotkey but is it possible somehow to access the snippet through the default Alfred box?

Is there any way to access snippets directly from the default results?

I'd like to be able to just type in the name of the snippet into the Alfred box.

I know there's a separate hotkey but is it possible somehow to access the snippet through the default Alfred box?

Type "snip" followed by the name of your snippet to see it in-line then press return to paste it to your frontmost application :)

Thanks Vero, I've done that but I'm looking for an even faster way to access them - ie. just being able to type 'foo' to trigger the snippet. 'snip foo' is five extra characters and I think I'm hardly alone out of Alfred users who wants to save unnecessary keystrokes :-)

Thanks Vero, I've done that but I'm looking for an even faster way to access them - ie. just being able to type 'foo' to trigger the snippet. 'snip foo' is five extra characters and I think I'm hardly alone out of Alfred users who wants to save unnecessary keystrokes :-)

Instead of setting up snippets, you could setup a workflow which simply has keywords linked to clipboard outputs, then you have full control over what is typed and what is output... i.e. you could have 'foo' which pastes some text.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 5 years later...

Hi Andrew, can you show me how to setup a workflow which simply has keywords linked to clipboard outputs? I like to have clipboard history available in the default results window instead of me type ""clipboard" then hit enter then search for clipboard history. Thank you! 

@teottdel Are you aware that the Clipboard History has its own hotkey combo? If you use Cmd + Alt + C, you can pop up the Clipboard Viewer, choose your clipboard item either by using the down arrow to find the right recent one, or by typing a few letters of the clip you're looking for. When you press Enter, Alfred will paste it to the frontmost app.

That's the most efficient way to use Clipboard History :)

Cheers,
Vero

@Vero Hi thank you for your reply. My workflow require me to use clipboard and snippets very frequently, more often than the default window. My muscle memory don't handle 2 hotkey well, and I end up thinking of which hotkey to use overtime. Would appreciate if you can provide the workflow which has keywords linked to clipboard outputs or the how to set it up. Thank you.

1 hour ago, teottdel said:

Hi Andrew, can you show me how to setup a workflow which simply has keywords linked to clipboard outputs? I like to have clipboard history available in the default results window instead of me type ""clipboard" then hit enter then search for clipboard history.

Andrew’s suggestion won’t get you the result you’re after; they’re different things. You can’t have the Clipboard History meshed with the default results—they’re different windows with different goals—mixing them would be a mess.

You can either make your two Hotkeys more obvious (e.g. if invoking Alfred is ⌥+Space, make Clipboard History ⌥+C) or invoke Alfred → type c → scroll down to Show the Clipboard / Snippet Viewer → Press ↵. Do that a few times in a row and you’ll train Alfred to put that option at the top. Then you’ll just have to open the default Alfred window and press c↵ to get to the Clipboard History.

Hi currently I toggle alfred through menu bar, one needs to click the menu bar Alfred icon, move mouse down and then click "toggle alfred". This is three steps.

Would it be possible to have an option to make it one step. So the option would be click the menu bar Alfred icon, which toggle Alfred. Spotlight have this one-step behaviour.

Further, it is be nice to allow configuration, for example, configure the click to toggle clipboard. I use clipboard extensively, and some clipboard manager have a menu bar icon, once clicked, will toggle the clipboard manager float window. Alfred by far have the best clipboard manager, so I would really hope Alfred can have this function.

Note: I understand I can toggle default window/clipboard through keyboard shortcut. I am an IT professional, throughout the years, I thought I only need keyboard and terminal. But then I start to develop Carpal tunnel syndrome. That's when I start to diversify my input method, mouse/trackpad/dictation. So it would be nice I can toggle alfred default window/clipboard within one menu bar click. Thank you! @Vero