WebScreenshots — Take screenshots directly to the web

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Rediwed said:

Hi,

Looks like the link isn't actually being copied to clipboard.

Any idea how to fix this?

Edit: I checked the delete url text file, It reports the upload as being failed. Any workaround for this?

Make sure you’re on the latest version.

Open the debugger, and post the output.

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, xilopaint said:

@vitor, let me hijack the thread for a simple question. I see in this workflow you used terminal-notifier rather than Post Notification. What's the reason for the choice?

All my workflows use terminal-notifier (soon to be replaced with notificator) for notifications.

I do it so I can post notifications with a custom icon (the one in the workflow). In terms of experience — and being a designer — that matters to me.

What matters to me is the notification at the time it appears, not how it looks in the notification center.

7alFq01.png

And there, the difference is not subtle at all. It’s the difference between looking native or looking like it was called by another application. I want it to look native. I don’t care at all about the icon on the right side because that’s not what identifies an app.

2 minutes ago, xilopaint said:

Do you have a clue on how the creator of Spotify Mini Player achieved this:

7vpACRT.png

By including a full-fledged app. There’s an easy way I could accomplish that with `notificator` as well, I need only change it’s app name when including it. I’ll make the change soon (but it might take a bit to include in all Workflows).

Did further testing and it appears the notification in the notification center is dependent on the app’s name on the Finder, not the name it has in the Info.plist. In that case, I probably won’t do it and it’ll remain with the name notificator, seeing as the alternative is a ton of extra work that I don’t deem worth it for each Workflow, as well as a great loss in flexibility when reusing.

You’re the only person that ever complained about this, so it clearly isn’t a big deal, and like I said what matters to me is the notification as it appears, not as it stays in notification center.

Edited by vitor

I agree the title in Notification Center is not that important. Actually my main need is to set a custom icon for error messages on the right side. I would like the ability to have the workflow icon on the left side and a custom icon on the right side.

At the moment there is no design difference in my workflows between a notification that states a task was completed and another one that states some error occurred.

Edited by xilopaint
  • 1 month later...

Updates:

• New icon.
  • Updated OneUpdater
  • Use Notificator
  • Code cleanups.
  • Added recentscreenshots script filter. It keeps the links to the most recent uploaded screenshots, and allows you to view them on the web or delete them (really useful if you used the wrong shortcut and uploaded something you meant to only have locally).

To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days (15 or less) and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.

2 hours ago, vitor said:
  • Added recentscreenshots script filter. It keeps the links to the most recent uploaded screenshots, and allows you to view them on the web or delete them (really useful if you used the wrong shortcut and uploaded something you meant to only have locally).

Nice addition! Thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, pnuker said:

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I can't get this to work. I take a screenshot, then when I type "upload screenshot" into alfred nothing happens. It just goes to the default websearch.

Upload screenshot is a File Action; you call it by selecting a file and pressing its shortcut (see Alfred Preferences → File Search → Actions → File Selection).

But the best way to use the Workflow is by directly setting a keyboard shortcut in in the Hotkey Trigger and call that. It’ll take the screenshot and upload it automatically

5 minutes ago, vitor said:

Upload screenshot is a File Action; you call it by selecting a file and pressing its shortcut (see Alfred Preferences → File Search → Actions → File Selection).

But the best way to use the Workflow is by directly setting a keyboard shortcut in in the Hotkey Trigger and call that. It’ll take the screenshot and upload it automatically

Thank you, I got it now. I guess I've never used that feature.

I am, however, getting "Upload failed" in my clipboard.