Jump to content
vitor

WebScreenshot — Take screenshots directly to the web

Recommended Posts

Updated to use the most recent version of OneUpdater. Also updates the imgur upload tool and makes a few other fixes (you should not notice a difference).

Share this post


Link to post

Update.

 

Fix to success message and sound still firing when canceling (failure message and sound still happened).

 

To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days (15 or less) and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

 

Looks like the link isn't actually being copied to clipboard.

 

Any idea how to fix this?

 

Edit: I checked the delete url text file, It reports the upload as being failed. Any workaround for this?

Edited by Rediwed

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Rediwed said:

Hi,

 

Looks like the link isn't actually being copied to clipboard.

 

Any idea how to fix this?

 

Edit: I checked the delete url text file, It reports the upload as being failed. Any workaround for this?

 

Make sure you’re on the latest version.


Open the debugger, and post the output.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, xilopaint said:

@vitor, let me hijack the thread for a simple question. I see in this workflow you used terminal-notifier rather than Post Notification. What's the reason for the choice?

 

All my workflows use terminal-notifier (soon to be replaced with notificator) for notifications.


I do it so I can post notifications with a custom icon (the one in the workflow). In terms of experience — and being a designer — that matters to me.

Share this post


Link to post

Eo5ryK8.png

 

It's a subtle difference, but I still prefer to have ALFRED 3 in the title rather than TERMINAL-NOTIFIER. Don't you like to have the bigger icon on the right side?

Edited by xilopaint

Share this post


Link to post

What matters to me is the notification at the time it appears, not how it looks in the notification center.

7alFq01.png

And there, the difference is not subtle at all. It’s the difference between looking native or looking like it was called by another application. I want it to look native. I don’t care at all about the icon on the right side because that’s not what identifies an app.

Share this post


Link to post

You have a good point about the first notification, but I still care about how it looks on Notification Center. Do you have a clue on how the creator of Spotify Mini Player achieved this:

 

7vpACRT.png

Edited by xilopaint

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, xilopaint said:

Do you have a clue on how the creator of Spotify Mini Player achieved this:

 

7vpACRT.png

 

By including a full-fledged app. There’s an easy way I could accomplish that with `notificator` as well, I need only change it’s app name when including it. I’ll make the change soon (but it might take a bit to include in all Workflows).

Share this post


Link to post

Great! Will notificator allow me to use a different icon on the right side as you can see on the Spotify Mini Player example?

 

In error messages would be useful to adopt the workflow icon on the left and an error icon on the right.

Share this post


Link to post

Did further testing and it appears the notification in the notification center is dependent on the app’s name on the Finder, not the name it has in the Info.plist. In that case, I probably won’t do it and it’ll remain with the name notificator, seeing as the alternative is a ton of extra work that I don’t deem worth it for each Workflow, as well as a great loss in flexibility when reusing.


You’re the only person that ever complained about this, so it clearly isn’t a big deal, and like I said what matters to me is the notification as it appears, not as it stays in notification center.

Edited by vitor

Share this post


Link to post

I agree the title in Notification Center is not that important. Actually my main need is to set a custom icon for error messages on the right side. I would like the ability to have the workflow icon on the left side and a custom icon on the right side.

 

At the moment there is no design difference in my workflows between a notification that states a task was completed and another one that states some error occurred.

Edited by xilopaint

Share this post


Link to post

Updates:

  • New icon.
  • Updated OneUpdater
  • Use Notificator
  • Code cleanups.
  • Added recentscreenshots script filter. It keeps the links to the most recent uploaded screenshots, and allows you to view them on the web or delete them (really useful if you used the wrong shortcut and uploaded something you meant to only have locally).


To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days (15 or less) and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.
 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, vitor said:
  • Added recentscreenshots script filter. It keeps the links to the most recent uploaded screenshots, and allows you to view them on the web or delete them (really useful if you used the wrong shortcut and uploaded something you meant to only have locally).
     

 

Nice addition! Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post

Update.


Fixed copying a newline with URL.


To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days (15 or less) and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.
 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, vitor said:

Update.


Fixed copying a newline with URL.


To update, download the latest version (same URL) or wait a few days (15 or less) and it’ll prompt you to on next usage, since it uses OneUpdater.
 

 

Had you not shortened the update interval of OneUpdater?

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, xilopaint said:

Had you not shortened the update interval of OneUpdater?

 

No, I forgot. I only shortened it on the OneUpdater Workflow itself. That message is semi-automated, so I didn’t even remember I mention the 15 days there.

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I can't get this to work. I take a screenshot, then when I type "upload screenshot" into alfred nothing happens. It just goes to the default websearch.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, pnuker said:

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I can't get this to work. I take a screenshot, then when I type "upload screenshot" into alfred nothing happens. It just goes to the default websearch.

 

Upload screenshot is a File Action; you call it by selecting a file and pressing its shortcut (see Alfred Preferences → File Search → Actions → File Selection).

 

But the best way to use the Workflow is by directly setting a keyboard shortcut in in the Hotkey Trigger and call that. It’ll take the screenshot and upload it automatically

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, vitor said:

 

Upload screenshot is a File Action; you call it by selecting a file and pressing its shortcut (see Alfred Preferences → File Search → Actions → File Selection).

 

But the best way to use the Workflow is by directly setting a keyboard shortcut in in the Hotkey Trigger and call that. It’ll take the screenshot and upload it automatically

 

Thank you, I got it now. I guess I've never used that feature.

 

I am, however, getting "Upload failed" in my clipboard.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...