Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4)

Hey there!

Great workflow! Thank you! :)

Is there a way to broaden the search results as if your using asterisk by default?

Cheers.

Thank you.

An asterisk by default may slow down the search if the user has several notes.

Anyway, I may add it as a preference in a future version. :)

Version 7.0 is out:

• keyword ens instead of en
  • keyword enn instead of ennew
  • Workflow preferences: keyword enpref (set quick look style and search wildcard mode)
  • Preview (OSX Quick Look) your notes in Alfred by hitting Shift key (feature available in both ensentenr and enc keywords)
  • List all tags and search from one of them: use the keyword ens or ent then type an at sign e.g. ens @
  • Improved search by title (keyword ent)
  • keyword enn: hold option key to append text with current date to an existing note
  • keyword enn: hold command key to create a new note and open it right after
  • keyword enr: list recent (within a week) notes
  • keyword ens: list notes added to Evernote Shortcuts
  • keyword enscan: it will start OSX Image Capture (that you need to previously configure to save in Evernote), wait for it to get ready and then click the Scan button automatically

Quick Look and Tags View:

en_card.png

en_tags.png

Wow this is a KILLER update. But I keep having to make one small tweak every time it's updated. I much prefer this:

Because it make the workflow come up like this:

What is the hotkey? I tested all of them and they are working properly.

Regarding the tag icon: I’ll fix it right now. Thanks. :)

I'm not saying the hotkey doesn't work. What I mean is that I prefer to have the hotkey action "pass through to workflow" rather than "show alfred" with text pre-populated. Since you have the hotkey already set in the script filter it works great just passing the hotkey to it. And rather than showing a normal Alfred prompt box with text it makes the workflow self-contained with that nice Evernote logo at the left like in my screenshot.

I'm not saying the hotkey doesn't work. What I mean is that I prefer to have the hotkey action "pass through to workflow" rather than "show alfred" with text pre-populated. Since you have the hotkey already set in the script filter it works great just passing the hotkey to it. And rather than showing a normal Alfred prompt box with text it makes the workflow self-contained with that nice Evernote logo at the left like in my screenshot.

Great. I’ll try it.

The tag icon should be displayed properly now. Please download the workflow again.

Thank you for your feedback! :)

This workflow is friggin brilliant; Carlos is a machine!

A suggestion: Since the EN convention for emailing notes is @notebook and #tag appended to the subject of an email, you might swap them to same in your workflow (ens @ shows notebooks and ens # shows tags).

Great job!

this is an amazing workflow... period. kudos great work! essential

Thank you!

This workflow is friggin brilliant; Carlos is a machine!

A suggestion: Since the EN convention for emailing notes is @notebook and #tag appended to the subject of an email, you might swap them to same in your workflow (ens @ shows notebooks and ens # shows tags).

Great job!

Thank you.

I agree. I thought about it when I was adding the tags list but later I completely forgot about it. Anyway, it is fixed.

Here is an updated What’s new for 7.02:

• (7.02) List all tags and search from one of them: use the keyword ens or ent then type an at sign e.g. ens #
  • (7.02) List all notebooks and search from one of them by using an "at sign" e.g. en @
  • Workflow preferences: keyword enpref (set quick look style and search wildcard mode)
  • Preview (OSX Quick Look) your notes in Alfred by hitting Shift key (feature available in both ens, ent, enr and enc keywords)
  • Improved search by title (keyword ent)
  • keyword enn: hold option key to append text with current date to an existing note
  • keyword enn: hold command key to create a new note and open it right after
  • keyword enr: list recent (within a week) notes
  • keyword ens: list notes added to Evernote Shortcuts
  • keyword enscan: it will start OSX Image Capture (that you need to previously configure to save in Evernote), wait for it to get ready and then click the Scan button automatically

Download Now

en_card.png

en_tags.png

Edited by Carlos-Sz

Carlos, I can't quite figure out the order of the results I get from various searches. Wonder if you've thought about alphabetizing them....

For example, this would look nice in alphabetical order:

The workflow does not change the order passed by Evernote. However, the workflow let Alfred change the order considering the item usage. So if you use an item, in this case a notebook, next time there is a good chance it will be displayed at top of the list. This is the Alfred default behavior: display used items at top.

It can be changed but sometimes it’s nice to have an item that we are using constantly at top.

OK, tnx for that info. You might also like to know that my EN database contains almost 10,000 notes, and your workflow works great, even with wildcard set to automatic.

Great to know that even in automatic mode the workflow can handle 10,000 notes! :)

Fantastic! Thank you!

2 issues: I get a fallback search using "enc".

QuickView doesn't show the note.

Tried enpref QuickView to Card and HTML. Same issue.

Using Evernote 5.1.3 from MAS with Mac OS 10.8.3 and Alfred 2.0.3.

Edited by Davide

Fantastic! Thank you!

2 issues: I get a fallback search using "enc".

My QuickView look like this

Tried enpref QuickView to Card and HTML. Same issue.

Using Evernote 5.1.3 from MAS with Mac OS 10.8.3 and Alfred 2.0.3.

Unfortunately Quick Look and add file from Finder are not compatible with Evernote downloaded from Mac App Store due OSX sandbox.

I had Evernote from MAS in my MacBook and I had to install it from Evernote.com.

This workflow is TOO good

Thank you for this Carlos!!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you.

I agree. I thought about it when I was adding the tags list but later I completely forgot about it. Anyway, it is fixed.

Here is an updated What’s new for 7.02:

• (7.02) List all tags and search from one of them: use the keyword ens or ent then type an at sign e.g. ens #
  • (7.02) List all notebooks and search from one of them by using an "at sign" e.g. en @
  • Workflow preferences: keyword enpref (set quick look style and search wildcard mode)
  • Preview (OSX Quick Look) your notes in Alfred by hitting Shift key (feature available in both ens, ent, enr and enc keywords)
  • Improved search by title (keyword ent)
  • keyword enn: hold option key to append text with current date to an existing note
  • keyword enn: hold command key to create a new note and open it right after
  • keyword enr: list recent (within a week) notes
  • keyword ens: list notes added to Evernote Shortcuts
  • keyword enscan: it will start OSX Image Capture (that you need to previously configure to save in Evernote), wait for it to get ready and then click the Scan button automatically

Download Now

en_card.png

en_tags.png

I still think you should try setting the keyboard shortcuts to "pass through to workflow". It's much nicer. I still have to change it every time I update the workflow. ;-)

Unfortunately Quick Look and add file from Finder are not compatible with Evernote downloaded from Mac App Store due OSX sandbox.

I had Evernote from MAS in my MacBook and I had to install it from Evernote.com.

Thank you!

Thanks, installed it from macupdate and almost everything works great now!

Only "enc" shortcut search doesn't work.

Edited by Davide