Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4)

for the end keyword.. I tried it and It does show  a selection of evernote items with todo items.. But what's the algorithm for which ones it decides to show me?  I'm looking at the list and can't figure why its showing the list I'm getting : it's not the most recent, not the least recent?

Same thing for reminders - I get a list - but what determines the order they are displayed in?

Although I did a few tests regarding the reminders order I couldn’t figure out it yet. The order (or the lack of it) is what I got from Evernote. I’ll see if I can tweak it e.g. reminders for the next month or 2 weeks.

for the end keyword.. I tried it and It does show  a selection of evernote items with todo items.. But what's the algorithm for which ones it decides to show me?  I'm looking at the list and can't figure why its showing the list I'm getting : it's not the most recent, not the least recent?

Same thing for reminders - I get a list - but what determines the order they are displayed in?

I had to manually sort the result. Evernote fail to deliver a clean result and it does not even respond correctly to some search reminders strings (I may say a bug).

Can you please test the new version? Thanks.

Download 7.92

I had to manually sort the result. Evernote fail to deliver a clean result and it does not even respond correctly to some search reminders strings (I may say a bug).

Can you please test the new version? Thanks.

Download 7.92

ok. did a quick look as I'm heading out on a trip . Now enm shows the reminders sorted by due date  - that's handy

End doesn't look any difference - a bunch of the items with unfinished to dos -  not any of most recent ones and it's not clear to me why those were selected.

Carlos this workflow is awesome :-)

i use enn 1000 times per day when importing emails to evernote.

i would desperately like the following feature:

- When i type enn i can add tag and notebook with the # sign. It would be great if the workflow did a search of tags and notebooks similar to the end command when i input the #.

Thanks

Marcus

I'll see what I can do. Thank you.

- When i type enn i can add tag and notebook with the # sign. It would be great if the workflow did a search of tags and notebooks similar to the end command when i input the #.

Thanks

Marcus

• 2 weeks later...

Version 7.91 is out

• Hold option key to set a reminder (keywords ensentenrenm or end)
  • keyword end (display to-do notes)
  • Keyword enm (display reminder notes)
  • keyword enu (open note URL instead of note itself)
  • Several improvements
  • Bugs fixed
  • Removed Alleyoop support
[...]

Hey Carlos,

thanks for this great update to an incredible useful workflow!

I have not tried the new to-do and reminder features, since I do not use them in Evernote either. But to be able to open a note's URL is very nice.

I was taken aback finding the sync feature not working. Nothing was happening and I found following message in the Console:

.com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2: execution error: The variable synchronize is not defined. (-2753)

This could be caused by having renamed the Evernote application, I thought. And sure enough, triggering the sync works when using the bundle identifier.

tell application id "com.evernote.Evernote" to synchronize

So may I suggest using the bundle ID "com.evernote.Evernote", instead of the name?

This way the Apple Scripts will work no matter the app's actual name.

Ricco

Hey Carlos,

thanks for this great update to an incredible useful workflow!

I have not tried the new to-do and reminder features, since I do not use them in Evernote either. But to be able to open a note's URL is very nice.

I was taken aback finding the sync feature not working. Nothing was happening and I found following message in the Console:

.com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2: execution error: The variable synchronize is not defined. (-2753)

This could be caused by having renamed the Evernote application, I thought. And sure enough, triggering the sync works when using the bundle identifier.

tell application id "com.evernote.Evernote" to synchronize

So may I suggest using the bundle ID "com.evernote.Evernote", instead of the name?

This way the Apple Scripts will work no matter the app's actual name.

Ricco

Thank you. I’ll update later today.

Thanks

Marcus

I tried to find a simple way to do that but I couldn’t. It is possible of course but it is kind of a complex task considering Alfred interface.

However, you may consider using a text expander app to easily repeat common tags and notebooks. I use aText app to e.g. type my email automatically.

You could do the same e.g. type ;wb to expand to #work#buy

Maybe that’s the easiest way to save time and it may be even faster than a workflow solution.

Anyway, I’ll still keep thinking about it.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Edited by Carlos-Sz

Hi Carlos,

It appears that the append to note feature doesn't work with notes that have images in them? When I do this the notification center popup just says "Evernote" and the note itself isn't updated. Works fine with text notes.

I’ll make some tests but it seems Evernote itself is not accepting it because the workflow is only utilizing Evernote's AppleScript commands.

Thanks

Marcus

I have found a solution. You will see a list of tags when you type #, a list of notebooks when you type @ and a list of reminder suggestions when you type !

Multiple tags will be allowed.

In resume, you will have the option to select a tags from the list or type them just the way it is now. Note the keyword enn:

en8_newtag.png

You can try or test the current under development workflow version here. Make sure to read the help file to check the new syntax (keyword en?).

Hi Carlos,

It appears that the append to note feature doesn't work with notes that have images in them? When I do this the notification center popup just says "Evernote" and the note itself isn't updated. Works fine with text notes.

I’ve found the issue. Thank you for your feedback.

You can try or test the current under development workflow version here. Make sure to read the help file to check the new syntax (keyword en?)

This is great!

When i type "enn @" i see the list it is perfect BUT i think we need to enhance it a little bit :-)

- Can we sort the list in some way? right now i don't really get the mechanism behind the order of the list

- When i start to type the name of the notebook or tag i would like to list to update based on the notebooks that match what i have typed in.

This is ones again a break through!

This is great!

When i type "enn @" i see the list it is perfect BUT i think we need to enhance it a little bit :-)

- Can we sort the list in some way? right now i don't really get the mechanism behind the order of the list

- When i start to type the name of the notebook or tag i would like to list to update based on the notebooks that match what i have typed in.

- the order is sent by Evernore itself; it is faster without sorting but I can try to tweak it

- if you test the keyword ens @ or ens # you will see that you can filter. The enn keyword is different and I'm yet to find a way to do that...

Thank you for your feedback!

This is great!

Here is a new version to test that is still under development.

Now you can filter while adding a tag to enn (mostly like you asked for). However there is a new optional syntax: enn #tag1 #tag2 @notebook !reminder :Title

If you’d like to add a custom title and use the syntax, the title should be the last item and after a “: sign as seen above.

See help (keyword en?) for details.

Download Now

I have found a solution. You will see a list of tags when you type #, a list of notebooks when you type @ and a list of reminder suggestions when you type !

Multiple tags will be allowed.

In resume, you will have the option to select a tags from the list or type them just the way it is now. Note the keyword enn:

en8_newtag.png

You can try or test the current under development workflow version here. Make sure to read the help file to check the new syntax (keyword en?).

I’ve found the issue. Thank you for your feedback.

You can try or test the current under development workflow version here. Make sure to read the help file to check the new syntax (keyword en?)

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for this! The bug I was referring to is definitely fixed, but now there's a ":" preceding any note I choose to append. I'm assuming this has something to do with the new Title syntax?

Yes. You can type only the title or use the full syntax where the title goes after the : sign:

#tag #tag @notebook !reminder :title

The : sign is added automatically at the end but you can use the backspace/delete key to add e.g. more tags.

I have uploaded a new build some hours ago. Use the same link to download.

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for this! The bug I was referring to is definitely fixed, but now there's a ":" preceding any note I choose to append. I'm assuming this has something to do with the new Title syntax?

Title is always optional. Leave it as it is. When appending the workflow will look for tags and a reminder. The colon should be there so the workflow knows when you e.g. stopped adding tags.

Hmm, so is there a way to suppress the colon when I'm appending to an existing note, since there's no title parameter needed?

I apologize Carlos, I think I'm having trouble following. So how can I make it so that appended text doesn't look like this:

---- Sunday, February 9, 2014 at 12:04:55 PM ----
:text text text

To get the above I type `enn text text text` press opt-enter, type the name of the note to append to, and press enter. Is there a way to do this so that the colon isn't there?

I'll fix it. Thank you.

I apologize Carlos, I think I'm having trouble following. So how can I make it so that appended text doesn't look like this:

---- Sunday, February 9, 2014 at 12:04:55 PM ----
:text text text

To get the above I type `enn text text text` press opt-enter, type the name of the note to append to, and press enter. Is there a way to do this so that the colon isn't there?