Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4)

Hi there - I love this workflow.  Thanks so much for putting this out there.

I use the Getting Things Done workflow suggested by thesecretweapon.com, and in this I use a number of tags that start with @, such as @Home, @Work, and @Town.  Is there any way to escape the @ symbol so it can be used in a tag?

Here's what I used to do when adding a task, which worked well:

enn Some Task#1-Now,@Home#GTD

Here's what I tried that doesn't seem to work now:

enn Some Task @GTD #1-Now #@Home

When I try this, it tells me "You can only create a note in one notebook at a time"

I use the Getting Things Done workflow suggested by thesecretweapon.com, and in this I use a number of tags that start with @, such as @Home, @Work, and @Town.  Is there any way to escape the @ symbol so it can be used in a tag?

When I try this, it tells me "You can only create a note in one notebook at a time"

I’ll see what I can do about it.

If you need the previous version please download it here.

It seems this workflow can not recognize the tag start with "#" symbol. i.e. "#To Buy"

When I want to create a note with tag "#To buy", it's not workable.

Is there any chance to update or It should other solution I don't know? ^_^

Here is a new version (still a beta one) that starts to add support for a tag like #ToBuy or a tag like @Home as well as notebooks names that start with a hash or an at sign.

Download Version 8.1 Beta Now

Please, make some tests and let me know. Thank you.

Edited by Carlos-Sz

This is an EXCELLENT workflow, basically the reason I purchased the Alfred Powerpack! 

That aside I have noticed a few things with the reminders features - I am attempting to combine alfred+evernote+this workflow to become my new task management suite. My observation is that when I use the "enr" command it only shows reminders that have an assigned due date. The other observation I have noticed with evernote is when I create a reminder through enn @Reminders !Tomorrow :Do Good, the resulting note "Do Good" has a due date but the little clock is not highlighted in Evernote and Evernote does not register the note as a reminder. 

I also created a trigger key that feeds "enn @Reminders !" into Alfred so I can start creating my reminder right away. Is there any way to create a reminder without a due date? i.e. enn @Reminders !none? 

Thank you again for this fabulous piece of software!

This is an EXCELLENT workflow, basically the reason I purchased the Alfred Powerpack! 

That aside I have noticed a few things with the reminders features - I am attempting to combine alfred+evernote+this workflow to become my new task management suite. My observation is that when I use the "enr" command it only shows reminders that have an assigned due date. The other observation I have noticed with evernote is when I create a reminder through enn @Reminders !Tomorrow :Do Good, the resulting note "Do Good" has a due date but the little clock is not highlighted in Evernote and Evernote does not register the note as a reminder. 

I also created a trigger key that feeds "enn @Reminders !" into Alfred so I can start creating my reminder right away. Is there any way to create a reminder without a due date? i.e. enn @Reminders !none? 

Thank you!

The keyword enr lists due and overdue reminders. Evernote doesn’t have an AppleScript command to handle reminders without a due date.

About the Evernote little clock: while making the workflow I have noticed that. It seems more an Evernote bug because the reminder is set but Evernote is not updating its interface.

Reminder without due date: again, Evernote does not have an AppleScript command to handle reminders without a due date. Maybe you could create a feed with a past date.

Anyway, let’s hope the next Evernote version fix some issues and improve its AppleScript commands. 

FYI: the reminders issue was reported to Evernote developers.

Hi There -

I noticed in that using wildcard character * no longer works for ENT. For example ENT *note keyword* used to return any note that had "note keyword" in it's title. Wonder if this is due to the latest Evernote Beta version for Mac 5.5.1 Beta 3?

Hi There -

I noticed in that using wildcard character * no longer works for ENT. For example ENT *note keyword* used to return any note that had "note keyword" in it's title. Wonder if this is due to the latest Evernote Beta version for Mac 5.5.1 Beta 3?

Please, run the keyword enpref and make sure Search Wildcard is set to Manual.

PS: I’m not using Evernote beta.

Edited by Carlos-Sz

Thank Carlos - still not working, but I switched to automatic and that is fine for me. 

Been using this workflow since you built it. Great work. Thanks

I made some tests and it seems OK. However, later this week I’ll make even more tests to see if I find something wrong.

Thank you for your feedback.

Hello Carlos! Answering a suggestion from me, you have reversed the results for ens keyword to show recent notes at the top of the list:

Would be possible to do the same for enu keyword?

Next week I'll investigate why enu is not working as expected. Thank you.

This workflow has become so indispensable for me I would gladly have paid for Alfred if it was the only thing I could have done with it. My only vexation is that I haven't quite managed to understand how to append the selected text to an existing text file WITHOUT appending the current date. I keep various References list for language learning and other disciplines I really don't care about the date I came across this or that piece of information information so long as I have an uncluttered list in a single file. Which means I afterwards have to go back and delete all the appended dates. Am I being particularly daft or is there really no way to not include the date in the first place? Forgive the fussiness, but it really is my only inconvenience. Thank you for the workflow, it is an absolute gem.

This workflow has become so indispensable for me I would gladly have paid for Alfred if it was the only thing I could have done with it. My only vexation is that I haven't quite managed to understand how to append the selected text to an existing text file WITHOUT appending the current date. I keep various References list for language learning and other disciplines I really don't care about the date I came across this or that piece of information information so long as I have an uncluttered list in a single file. Which means I afterwards have to go back and delete all the appended dates. Am I being particularly daft or is there really no way to not include the date in the first place? Forgive the fussiness, but it really is my only inconvenience. Thank you for the workflow, it is an absolute gem.

I’ll add a way to exclude the date. I hope to finish the update this week. I’ll let you know. Thank you for your feedback.

Hello Carlos! Answering a suggestion from me, you have reversed the results for ens keyword to show recent notes at the top of the list:

Would be possible to do the same for enu keyword?

I’ve made a tweak. The problem is Evernote does not return search results in a consistent order. It seems that it is using an internal Evernote order.

Download Now

Note that if you use the keyword enn you always had the option to append a note with current date (option key) or without a date (command key).

When using search keywords such as ens or  ent, the append was always without current date. However now you can set if you want or not a date when appending from a search keyword by running the enpref keyword.

Download Now

Note that if you use the keyword enn you always had the option to append a note with current date (option key) or without a date (command key).

When using search keywords such as ens or  ent, the append was always without current date. However now you can set if you want or not a date when appending from a search keyword by running the enpref keyword.

Download Now

Argh, imbecile that I am I hadn't even noticed. That's what I get for not paying attention.

But thank you for having updated it nonetheless - as far as I'm concerned, this workflow has reached perfection.

Here is also 5.5.1. How can I help you to debug it?

I made more tests.

Here Evernote display some newer notes first (but not all of them) and then I get mixed results.

Only keyword enrec is displaying properly (most recent to least recent) but it does because the workflow parses the note updated date within current week.

I’ll create an Evernote developer ticket about this. I does a lot of sense to get results from Evernote in a chronological order instead Evernote internal order (which I assume it is happening).

I'll make some tests ASAP and I'll let you know.

Just make sure to use Evernote from evernote.com

Working great for synchronized notebooks but seems to not pickup local notebooks from the native evernote mac app. Anybody have info on using this workflow with local notebooks?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carlos,

Great work and very usable workflow. Quick newbie syntax question that I can't seem to figure out.  How do I type a new note directly into alfred AND have a separate title for the note. It seems everything I try duplicates the note in the title of the note. That makes for really long titles.  What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Ed

Hi Carlos,

Great work and very usable workflow. Quick newbie syntax question that I can't seem to figure out.  How do I type a new note directly into alfred AND have a separate title for the note. It seems everything I try duplicates the note in the title of the note. That makes for really long titles.  What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Ed

Thank you Ed.

Right now the note content will also be the note title.

I’m still thinking about an improved way to type note directly from Alfred window. One way would be to create a new line sign (e.g. /nf) this way the workflow would take the first line as the title and format properly into Evernote. Example:

enn Shopping List /nf Milk /nf Eggs /nf Apples

The above command would appear in Evernote this way:

Note Title:

Shopping List

Note Content:

Milk

Eggs

Apples

The advantage of this approach is not only a possible custom title but also create multiple lines notes.

What do you think? Too complicate or it would be nice to have such alternative?