Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4)

A feature suggestion: could you add the ability to prepend to a note? I most often add things to evernote from Alfred where I want the most recent on top... I'm using a KM script for this right now, but it would be great to use Alfred!

Right now the workflow is using the only official command Evernote application gives and that is append text to a note.

It is possible of course though I wish Evernote supports prepend officially too.

One question: do you prepend text to a text note? Or a complex HTML note?

Hi Carlos,

Regarding the reminder, I have used ens to look for notes and alt+enter to set up reminder. However, it seems that it only adds a reminder date to the note which is fine searching with enr .

Screen%20Shot%202014-06-19%20at%201.28.1

I need to press the alarm icon to truly trigger the reminder which then display the reminder in the reminder list as shown in the last image.

Screen%20Shot%202014-06-19%20at%201.28.2

Screen%20Shot%202014-06-19%20at%201.28.3

Is it just me or unsolved at the moment?

Anyway, thanks for the great work!

Use Evernote from evernote.com.

Did uninstall evernote from MAS and new install from evernote.com

Just want to mention that create and open messages and files works fine and it is just append that not works for me.

Hope you can help me and thanks for a great workflow.

Hi Carlos,

Regarding the reminder, I have used ens to look for notes and alt+enter to set up reminder. However, it seems that it only adds a reminder date to the note which is fine searching with enr .

Screen%20Shot%202014-06-19%20at%201.28.1

I need to press the alarm icon to truly trigger the reminder which then display the reminder in the reminder list as shown in the last image.

Screen%20Shot%202014-06-19%20at%201.28.2

Screen%20Shot%202014-06-19%20at%201.28.3

Is it just me or unsolved at the moment?

Anyway, thanks for the great work!

This is an Evernote bug. I have already reported the issue.

Use Evernote from evernote.com.

Did uninstall evernote from MAS and new install from evernote.com

Just want to mention that create and open messages and files works fine and it is just append that not works for me.

Hope you can help me and thanks for a great workflow.

It is working here.

Can you please give me a step by step so I can try to reproduce the issue?

In addition, try to delete the workflow, restart Evernote, download and install the workflow again.

Thank you.

Deleted Alfred 2 and workflow. Installed Alfred 2 with power pack. Restarted Evernote and installed the workflow 8.86 again.

Step by step

-Mark up a message in mail

-Write ENN

-Move to "New note from Message Selected in Mail"

-Hold cmd and hit Enter

-Move to the note, hit enter

-Error message turns up " Evernote, Cant append message"

Hope this could help to solve my problem.

Deleted Alfred 2 and workflow. Installed Alfred 2 with power pack. Restarted Evernote and installed the workflow 8.86 again.

Step by step

-Mark up a message in mail

-Write ENN

-Move to "New note from Message Selected in Mail"

-Hold cmd and hit Enter

-Move to the note, hit enter

-Error message turns up " Evernote, Cant append message"

Hope this could help to solve my problem.

Right now it is not possible to append a message (its file).

I’ll see if I can do something about it.

Thank you for your feedback.

This is more of an Evernote application question, so I was hesitant to ask here, but I thought if anyone Carlos-Sz would know.

When opening a note in a separate window is there a way to make the window always display on top of the others?

This seems like a simple thing which makes me think I haven't searched enough, or I'm just missing something. Most of the search results talk about making a note within Evernote filter to the top, not about making a note window stick atop other windows.

Edited by DrLulz

This is more of an Evernote application question, so I was hesitant to ask here, but I thought if anyone Carlos-Ss would know.

When opening a note in a separate window is there a way to make the window always display on top of the others?

This seems like a simple thing which makes me think I haven't searched enough, or I'm just missing something. Most of the search results talk about making a note within Evernote filter to the top, not about making a note window stick atop other windows.

As far as I know Evernote does not have this feature. But it would be useful indeed.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting an error in Alfred's console when searching:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:90: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/Elad/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.evernote/settings.plist" of application "System Events". (-1728)

File is indeed not there. Tried to remove and reinstall workflow.

Using Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Alfred 2.4 (279) and Evernote 5.5.1.

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-14%20at%201.36.5

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-14%20at%201.35.0

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-14%20at%201.39.5

I'm getting an error in Alfred's console when searching:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:90: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/Elad/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.evernote/settings.plist" of application "System Events". (-1728)

File is indeed not there. Tried to remove and reinstall workflow.

Using Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Alfred 2.4 (279) and Evernote 5.5.1.

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-14%20at%201.36.5

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-14%20at%201.35.0

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-14%20at%201.39.5

I don’t have Yosemite installed yet.

I’ll update all my workflows when Yosemite is released.

Thank you for your feedback.

Here's what I have selected in Alfred:

ASoKGtp.png

Here is the note that gets generated:

FEnYNML.png

When I check the info of my workflow, it says: "Use Evernote with Alfred (8.0)"

Any thoughts on why this may be happening? Thanks for any help!

Current released version is 8.7: Download

And this is the version I’m working on (support for templates and testing new Alfred features): Download

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what happened to my workflow. I thought I could use "ens" to search for any note but now as soon as I type "ens" into alfred, I can only use a # or @ for the search to work with searching for a notebook or tag first. I can no longer immediately just begin typing text after ens to search for content any in any note. Was this a feature originally? As soon as I begin typing content after "ens" it simply moves to a web search. Please help as I loved that feature!

I'm not sure what happened to my workflow. I thought I could use "ens" to search for any note but now as soon as I type "ens" into alfred, I can only use a # or @ for the search to work with searching for a notebook or tag first. I can no longer immediately just begin typing text after ens to search for content any in any note. Was this a feature originally? As soon as I begin typing content after "ens" it simply moves to a web search. Please help as I loved that feature!

Please, try this version.

If it does not work for you please delete Evernote workflow from Alfred Preferences then reinstall the workflow (link above).

Finally, make sure your Evernote app is from evernote.com and NOT from Mac AppStore.

First I wanna thank you for your awesome work.

I am not sure if it is bug or I am to stupid for that.

I wanted to check out your search action "ens".

I created a Note with the title "What are bitmarks?".

When I type "ens mark" I don't get any result.

Any ideas? Is this a known bug?

Cheers

EDIT:

"ens bitmarks" has a result.

Edited by GroxMox

Please try typing e.g. ens bit*

Or try setting automatic in the workflow preferences (see workflow Help for details).

First I wanna thank you for your awesome work.

I am not sure if it is bug or I am to stupid for that.

I wanted to check out your search action "ens".

I created a Note with the title "What are bitmarks?".

When I type "ens mark" I don't get any result.

Any ideas? Is this a known bug?

Cheers

EDIT:

"ens bitmarks" has a result.

HI carlos

When i search in Evernote and chose "source email" the notes that i have imported with the workflow from mail (OSX) is not recognized. If i email the same note to Evernote it works as expected.

Do you think it is possible to change this or is it only evernote that has the power to chose if it is a email?

HI carlos

When i search in Evernote and chose "source email" the notes that i have imported with the workflow from mail (OSX) is not recognized. If i email the same note to Evernote it works as expected.

Do you think it is possible to change this or is it only evernote that has the power to chose if it is a email?

Hi

I’ve just checked Evernote’s dictionary and it seems I can’t change the note source.

Please try typing e.g. ens bit*

Or try setting automatic in the workflow preferences (see workflow Help for details).

Thanks for the tip.

But it seems I am not able to set the wildcard before my term e.g. "*mark". Am I right?

Cheers

EDIT:

I set the preferences to automatic but "marks" still give me no result. :(

Edited by GroxMox