Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4)

I've reported the append issue to Evernote: is there a bug tracking number or more details i can share with the support person, so that my issue can be added to other reports?

Ticket# 972678 - "Operation would exceed monthly upload allowance" on append action

Vincent S. (Evernote Support)

Mar 5, 12:39

Hi Judith,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to access the version of Alfred that you are using, so I cannot get more details on this bug.

Is it possible for you to get more details on the technical details from Alfred that are leading them to believe this to be an Evernote issue? That way, I can escalate to our technical team and get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Let me know!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
Vincent S.

I've reported the append issue to Evernote: is there a bug tracking number or more details i can share with the support person, so that my issue can be added to other reports?

Ticket# 972678 - "Operation would exceed monthly upload allowance" on append action

Vincent S. (Evernote Support)

Mar 5, 12:39

Hi Judith,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to access the version of Alfred that you are using, so I cannot get more details on this bug.

Is it possible for you to get more details on the technical details from Alfred that are leading them to believe this to be an Evernote issue? That way, I can escalate to our technical team and get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Let me know!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards,

Vincent S.

The append using AppleScript (not only using Alfred) is a known bug. I read in Evernote forum that an internal note about it was already done.

Unfortunately we have to wait.

Anyway, it is interesting to see how “well” Vincent S. is informed… :)

• 1 month later...

Hello Carlos. First of all, thanks for the great workflow!

I was wondering, are you thinking about adding the saved search support in the future?

It could be part of the "Search notes" results, or have it's own shortcut, eg. "enss my_saved_search_name".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have several notebooks stacks that contain a colon in the name (as in Main:subnotebook), and I've discovered that the search ent @Main:subnotebook :search terms fails because of the first colon in the notebook name (basically is searching for the term subnotebook in the Main notebook). Is there any way of escaping that colon so that the search works as expected?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I am using Alfred 2.7.1, Evernote 6.0.11, and workflow 8.991. When I type the search keyword, for example,  "ens" or "ent" or "enu", as soon as I type the last letter it opens Evernote. I'm not able to actually enter a search term. What am I doing wrong?

Strange, but now if tag is already present in evernote, it is missing for any new note created with enn:

example:

enn #newtag #existing-tag :Test note

Test note will have just newtag, and existing-tag is missing. If I add manually afterwards in evernote, it stays. 

The problem is not connected with latest version of Alfred 2 Evernote, but something with Evernote itself. Anyway, any hint where to check/how to fix with be be great.

I am using Alfred 2.7.1, Evernote 6.0.11, and workflow 8.991. When I type the search keyword, for example,  "ens" or "ent" or "enu", as soon as I type the last letter it opens Evernote. I'm not able to actually enter a search term. What am I doing wrong?

Same setup and this is happening *sometimes* to me as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Carlos. First of all, thanks for the great workflow!

I was wondering, are you thinking about adding the saved search support in the future?

It could be part of the "Search notes" results, or have it's own shortcut, eg. "enss my_saved_search_name".

There is no AppleScript commands for saved searches yet.

If I find something I’ll let you know.

Thank you for your feedback.

Hi,

I have several notebooks stacks that contain a colon in the name (as in Main:subnotebook), and I've discovered that the search ent @Main:subnotebook :search terms fails because of the first colon in the notebook name (basically is searching for the term subnotebook in the Main notebook). Is there any way of escaping that colon so that the search works as expected?

Thanks in advance

The workflow uses colon internally. I would have to change it completely in order to support the way you organize your notes.

Anyway, if I find a way I’ll let you know.

It seems to be working fine with Evernote 6.0.16

Please make some tests with the latest Evernote app.

Strange, but now if tag is already present in evernote, it is missing for any new note created with enn:

example:

enn #newtag #existing-tag :Test note

Test note will have just newtag, and existing-tag is missing. If I add manually afterwards in evernote, it stays. 

The problem is not connected with latest version of Alfred 2 Evernote, but something with Evernote itself. Anyway, any hint where to check/how to fix with be be great.

I'm also looking for a fix for the tags not showing up on a newly created notes. lidow, have you figured anything out?

I can't install this Workflow, i made a double-click, but it doesn't work.

Alfred 2, v2.7.1 (387)

Evernote 8.991 for the new Evernote 6.06

Please, restart your Mac, download the workflow again and try to install it one more time.

Not sure why this happens to me, but the moment I type "en" in alfred, Evernote launches and the Alfred window closes

Therefore I can not use any of the features of the workflow. I am sure there is some kind of setting I am missing!

Same setup and this is happening *sometimes* to me as well.

Having the same issues as other folks. The moment I type ens it's launching Evernote. I have removed and reinstalled the workflow and still get the same symptoms.

Evernote version: 6.0.11

Alfred version 2.7.1

OS X 10.10.3

Nope. As soon as I type the 's' in "ens", it opens evernote. Version 6.0.16 (451861 Direct)

Nope. As soon as I type the 's' in "ens", it opens evernote. Version 6.0.16 (451861 Direct)

When you say open you mean: 1) Evernote was already started and the workflow brings Evernote app to the foreground? or, 2) Evernote app was closed then the workflow starts Evernote app?

Note that the workflow depends on Evernote app (due AppleScript commands) and if it is closed then Evernote app will be started/opened.

• 2 weeks later...

What I've done is add Evernote as an app under "User & Groups" > Login

With the "hide" option ticked. This way Evernote starts on bootup and you don't get the issues as mentioned.

Carlos-Sz, I'm curious as to how "ent" works, I thought it would only search through the title of the notes, but that doesn't seem to be case (see attached screens for "ent" and "ens" comparisons). May be I'm understanding this wrong?

ent

http://imgur.com/1s1vinR,ozsgtcP#1

ens

http://imgur.com/1s1vinR,ozsgtcP

This is a brand new install of the latest plugin as of yesterday.

Again, brilliant plugin, really appreciate your work on it. It's been an indispensable tool for my daily use!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This workflow is really awesome! I can't live without this :)

One thing that is missing is to create a new note with an unfinish reminder set (reminders without date).  

Let me explain how i use evernote. I tweak evernote to act like a GTD app. Newly created note is considered as a single todo item. So i need to set reminder for each note i created. For now, I have created a save search that will query all the notes (created using ENN) that don't have an unfinish reminder yet, and set reminder (w/o date) each note one by one every morning before i start the day. 

One solution is to set !today for each note i create:

enn #todoGrocery !today Buy Milk

This will work but not that ideal since i dont want to set date. I need to mark the created note "Buy Milk" to have an unfinished reminder (w/o date), this will make all notes in #todoGrocery sortable. Sortable item is important to me.

I hope there's an option for the newly created note to have an unfinish reminder set in default, or something like

enn #todoGrocery !reminder Buy Milk

Any idea?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I really love this workflow but it doesn't work as I expected. My problem is similar to ToBeFrank: when I enter ens term to Alfred then it is immediately opening Evernote in foreground. But Evernote is already works on backround. Why it's opening again?

I'm using Evernote Version 6.1.1 (452254 App Store) and Alfred 2.8 (414) on OS X El Capitan.

Edited by fatihturan
  • 4 weeks later...

Of course, beautiful workflow 8.991, working great with Evernote 6.2, ... Many thanks,

Ennt, is working just fine for me, I have a few templates working from a Templates notebook, but I would like to understand how to use the edrstone, on 26 May 2014 - 9:49 PM, template, http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/840-evernote-8991-evernote-606-support-search-create-append-set-reminders-all-within-alfred/page-21, ... I just get a note with the script, not a note configured according to the script, ... Maybe I am not interpreting this correctly, though, Thanks

Of course, beautiful workflow 8.991, working great with Evernote 6.2, ... Many thanks,

Ennt, is working just fine for me, I have a few templates working from a Templates notebook, but I would like to understand how to use the edrstone, on 26 May 2014 - 9:49 PM, template, http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/840-evernote-8991-evernote-606-support-search-create-append-set-reminders-all-within-alfred/page-21, ... I just get a note with the script, not a note configured according to the script, ... Maybe I am not interpreting this correctly, though, Thanks

I am now using the edrstone template -Thanks- and tweaking it, but my flow for using it as a template in Evernote is: Edit the xml file in Sublime Text, render it with Marked, and then copy the Marked note into Evernote and put that into the Carlos-sz Templates folder,  and call the templates via: ennt %

• 2 weeks later...

It is really amazing workflow! Thank you!  :)

But I have issue with this workflow and I cant fugre out how can I fix it little bit.

Here is the problem:

I use tags to organize everything in my Evernote.

And I use a lot of prefixes for tags.

For example I have tags:

@Calls

- Notes

*SelfNotes

.Projects

So, this special symbols used to categorize my tags.

searching with ens # seems to be working wrong with my tags.

Sometimes it will display just 1 note. Somethimes it will search not only for tags but also for text inside note with this text.

How is it possible to change workflow to search just for tags with prefixes and not search inside notes content?

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

It is really amazing workflow! Thank you!  :)

But I have issue with this workflow and I cant fugre out how can I fix it little bit.

Here is the problem:

I use tags to organize everything in my Evernote.

And I use a lot of prefixes for tags.

For example I have tags:

@Calls

- Notes

*SelfNotes

.Projects

So, this special symbols used to categorize my tags.

searching with ens # seems to be working wrong with my tags.

Sometimes it will display just 1 note. Somethimes it will search not only for tags but also for text inside note with this text.

How is it possible to change workflow to search just for tags with prefixes and not search inside notes content?

Thank you!

This is possibly happening because the workflow uses some symbols internally to make the tags and notebooks menu possible.

If you’d like to search tags then try this command in Alfred: ens tag:Your tag here

• 3 weeks later...

HI Carlos,

I'm having problems creating notes via this workflow. Any idea what i did wrong?

Works - enn :type your note

Problem - enn @My Notebook :type your note.

It is working here. Please try the following:

- update Evernote app

- make sure to be using the latest workflow version (here is the version I’m using right now: download)

ASAP I’ll review the workflow due Evernote app changes.