Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4)

@honkingmanuka As with other users earlier in the thread:

• Make sure you're using Evernote from Evernote.com not from the App Store
  • Download the correct version of the workflow from the first post of this thread under "Download Evernote 9 beta 3"

Provided you've followed these instructions, results should be returned in Evernote. If you use any other versions (wrong version of the workflow or App Store version of Evernote), the workflow won't be able to return results as they won't be in the correct location for it to access them.

Please provide more details of the exact builds you're using for macOS, Evernote and Alfred if you're still having issues.

Cheers,
Vero

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Tatarin said:

Hello,

Why not work in Alfred 4?

@Tatarin We've been using this workflow with Alfred 4, and it's working as well as ever :)

As with other users earlier in the thread:

• Download the correct version of the workflow from the first post of this thread under "Download Evernote 9 beta 3"

If you're seeing any issues, could you please pop up Alfred's debugger and let me know what error messages you're seeing?

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/workflows/advanced/debugger/

Cheers,
Vero

12 minutes ago, Vero said:

@Tatarin We've been using this workflow with Alfred 4, and it's working as well as ever :)

As with other users earlier in the thread:

If you're seeing any issues, could you please pop up Alfred's debugger and let me know what error messages you're seeing?

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/workflows/advanced/debugger/

Cheers,
Vero

[11:35:23.526] ERROR: Evernote[Script Filter] Code 1: 0:48: execution error: mkdir: /Users/tatarin/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Workflow Data: No such file or directory (1)

How fix these?

On 5/30/2019 at 4:38 AM, Tatarin said:

[11:35:23.526] ERROR: Evernote[Script Filter] Code 1: 0:48: execution error: mkdir: /Users/tatarin/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Workflow Data: No such file or directory (1)

How fix these?

The problem is the workflow data folder path is hard coded for Alfred 3. You can fix this by changing the line 7 of the workflow.scpt file to this:

set my _data to (system attribute "alfred_workflow_data")

I encourage @Carlos-Sz to use script environment variables in his workflows.

Edited by xilopaint
22 hours ago, xilopaint said:

The problem is the workflow data folder path is hard coded for Alfred 3. You can fix this be changing the line 7 of the workflow.scpt file to this:

set my _data to (system attribute "alfred_workflow_data")

I encourage @Carlos-Sz to use script environment variables in his workflows.

As soon as possible, I'll try the system attribute alternative.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Carlos-Sz said:

As soon as possible, I'll try the system attribute alternative.

Thank you.

Carlos, have you ever considered to push the source code of your workflows to GitHub?

There's a lot of advantages on it:

1) better discoverability;
2) ease to document;
2) contributions from the community to expand the workflow, fix bugs and report issues;
3) versioned releases;
4) using OneUpdater to allow auto-updates.

It's very simple, straightforward and even fun. Maybe you are familiar with all of this and just don't want to do it for whatever reason, but if it's not the case you can check out my Things workflow as a reference. It's written in AppleScript as well.

22 hours ago, xilopaint said:

Carlos, have you ever considered to push the source code of your workflows to GitHub?

There's a lot of advantages on it:

1) better discoverability;
2) ease to document;
2) contributions from the community to expand the workflow, fix bugs and report issues;
3) versioned releases;
4) using OneUpdater to allow auto-updates.

It's very simple, straightforward and even fun. Maybe you are familiar with all of this and just don't want to do it for whatever reason, but if it's not the case you can check out my Things workflow as a reference. It's written in AppleScript as well.

Thank you for the advice.

I have never used GitHub but I'll try it eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

Very new to workflow and loving this one! :-) 
Is there any way of having Evernote scroll down to the location of my specific search?
Example: I have a note with a bunch of random stuff. It'd be awesome to have Evernote scroll down to the position of that text, so I don't have to search for the same keyword again in the note's search field.
Thanks!

On 6/1/2019 at 3:34 PM, Carlos-Sz said:

Evernote 9 beta 4 Workflow for Alfred 4

Here is an update to address the new Alfred 4 data folder (thanks to xilopaint).

DOWNLOAD

Hey Carlos, now I realise you should add a trailing slash in your declaration in order to allow settings.plist be saved in the right place. So you should have:

set my _data to (system attribute "alfred_workflow_data") & "/"

Could you fix this and make a new release?

Edited by xilopaint
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RhinoLess said:

Where can I find an archived version of this workflow that works with Alfred v3?

Take a look at the first post in this thread, which includes links to beta 2 and beta 3, which are for Alfred 3 and either Evernote 6 or 7. Make sure you choose the version appropriate to the version of Evernote you're running.

Cheers,
Vero

hi,  I want to use this workflow on ”印象笔记“(evernote for china),  but I find it only support evernote. Is there any solution about this?

sp: I replaced 'com.evernote.Evernote' to 'com.yinxiang.Mac' in the script and then it works. Maybe you can release a 'offcial' version for that? 

Edited by wasmir
resolved
On 7/8/2019 at 7:11 AM, wasmir said:

hi,  I want to use this workflow on ”印象笔记“(evernote for china),  but I find it only support evernote. Is there any solution about this?

sp: I replaced 'com.evernote.Evernote' to 'com.yinxiang.Mac' in the script and then it works. Maybe you can release a 'offcial' version for that? 

Could you please kindly share the workflow for Yinxiang? A thousand thanks.

I also tried to replace the application id with 'com.yinxiang.Mac', but I just cannot open the .scpt scripts in Apple Script Editor, and they are all wrongly encoded in other editors like VS Studio Code.

This workflow is really nice and work extremely perfect with Evernote International, my evernote account is also international actually. 

Though I just don't want to give up the features(Markdown, mind map, etc.) on version Yinxiang....

On 7/11/2019 at 5:42 AM, ladychili said:

Could you please kindly share the workflow for Yinxiang? A thousand thanks.

I also tried to replace the application id with 'com.yinxiang.Mac', but I just cannot open the .scpt scripts in Apple Script Editor, and they are all wrongly encoded in other editors like VS Studio Code.

This workflow is really nice and work extremely perfect with Evernote International, my evernote account is also international actually. 

Though I just don't want to give up the features(Markdown, mind map, etc.) on version Yinxiang....

hi, you could open the .scpt after downloading and installing evernote.

I can't upload the workflow because of the size's limit. If you want get the edited workflow directly, give me your email address. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 4:02 PM, wasmir said:

hi, you could open the .scpt after downloading and installing evernote.

I can't upload the workflow because of the size's limit. If you want get the edited workflow directly, give me your email address. 

Hello,please share me your workflow,I also need it,thanks very much,I have message u

Hello, I'm seeing an issue using the Note Append action within Alfred 4 since the workflow is attempting to launch Alfred 3. 

[11:13:06.016] Evernote[Script Filter] Processing complete

[11:13:06.082] Evernote[Script Filter] Passing output 'new.|.@_inbox :test note' to Run Script

[11:13:06.477] ERROR: Evernote[Run Script] 0:75: execution error: Can’t get application id "com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-3". (-1728)

[11:13:06.517] Evernote[Run Script] Processing complete

[11:13:06.518] Evernote[Run Script] Passing output '' to Post Notification

Thank you for all your hard work on this workflow it is great,

Mark

When I try to save the clipboard image to Evernote, in a notification, it says "Feature is not compatible with Evernote from Mac App Store". But my Evernote is downloaded from the website. I'm not sure if this is the issue of the workflow, or the Evernote app itself. 

Edited by Jonah