Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4)

Hi!

I would like to launch an url from evernote directly in browser using Alfred

Your workflow seems to be the best way to do it.

For me using evernote as a bookmark tool is better (now) than diigo or delicious.

• It syncs everything

• it's multi device

• one place for all

etc ...

It's on your hardrive - so you can use a script* to search & launch Note URL ... and that without login first to your Library on Diigo or Delicious.

But i'm a not able to write this script :/

Are you interested ?

I was thinking about something like that :

ensu @... or #... and boom

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely adore this workflow and I can't imagine using my mac without it. If we ever meet in person, you sir have a drink on me.

Recently however, the most important part of it, the file action that allows you to add it to evernote appears to be broken. I get the alfred notification with the file name but the file doesn't appear in evernote.

Can ideas how I can solve this?

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/127623/Evernote749.alfredworkflow

Hello Carlos! On workflow we have to use ens to search notes content, titles and tags and enr to see recent notes. Why not merge these 2 keywords and adopt only one where we could search and see the newest notes?

Both keywords have a kind of different approach regarding Evernote commands.

I’ll have to think about it a bit more before a final word about it.

Thank you for your feedback!

Hi!
I would like to launch an url from evernote directly in browser using Alfred
Your workflow seems to be the best way to do it.

For me using evernote as a bookmark tool is better (now) than diigo or delicious.
• It syncs everything
• it's multi device
• one place for all
etc ...

It's on your hardrive - so you can use a script* to search & launch Note URL ... and that without login first to your Library on Diigo or Delicious.

But i'm a not able to write this script :/

Are you interested ?

I was thinking about something like that :
ensu @... or #... and boom

Thanks in advance

Your URLs in Evernote are located in the note itself or in the note URL field?

Every note has also an URL field that the workflow could use to start the browser. It would be faster than search for the note content itself.

Please, give me an example of how your URL note looks like. Thanks.

First, thanks for putting together such a great workflow.

Second, I found a minor bug/typo in version 7.1 when trying out the fallback search, the keyword in the fallback applescript needs updating from "en " to "ens ".

Best,

~>Bill

Fixed in this beta version here.

Thank you for your feedback!

I absolutely adore this workflow and I can't imagine using my mac without it. If we ever meet in person, you sir have a drink on me.

Recently however, the most important part of it, the file action that allows you to add it to evernote appears to be broken. I get the alfred notification with the file name but the file doesn't appear in evernote.

Can ideas how I can solve this?

A drink? That would be great! 

I have just tested and it is working here. 

Please, make sure to use Evernote app from Evernote.com and NOT from MAS.

In addition, please try this working in progress version here.

Thank you.

Your URLs in Evernote are located in the note itself or in the note URL field?

Every note has also an URL field that the workflow could use to start the browser. It would be faster than search for the note content itself.

Please, give me an example of how your URL note looks like. Thanks.

Thank you.

Hi Carlos :)

Thanks a lot for reading me 

Here is my process...
and a new one that I suggest humbly
req_ensu.jpg

First, thanks SO much, Carlos, for this workflow. I just found it today and I think it’s going to work beautifully for me.

I wanted to report a minor issue I've encountered. I have one note that will not paste properly using the Control key (paste to frontmost app). When I try, it uses text from another note. If I delete the note where the pasted text is coming from, a different note gets pasted. I've shared the note in case its content is relevant.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/sh/41be1348-f7ea-41ed-93c7-c328f19fe833/375ed5d510fc72cf6e43d87f9c68f054

Mark

Hi Carlos :)

Thanks a lot for reading me 

Here is my process...
and a new one that I suggest humbly

Thank you for the picture. It was very helpful.

Please, test build 7.50 that adds the keyword enu

If a note does not have a source URL a notification will be displayed.

Download

First, thanks SO much, Carlos, for this workflow. I just found it today and I think it’s going to work beautifully for me.

I wanted to report a minor issue I've encountered. I have one note that will not paste properly using the Control key (paste to frontmost app). When I try, it uses text from another note. If I delete the note where the pasted text is coming from, a different note gets pasted. I've shared the note in case its content is relevant.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/sh/41be1348-f7ea-41ed-93c7-c328f19fe833/375ed5d510fc72cf6e43d87f9c68f054

Mark

I tested the note and it is working here.

Please, can you test this newer version? Download

Thank you.

Thanks, Carlos. The new version gives the same result, but I figured out the cause of the problem with a little debugging of the en_paste script.

The local ID of the note is "p116". This line of the script 

set _Notes to get every note of every notebook where its local id contains sLocId

returns notes p1161, p1165, p116, and p1163. And then the script pastes the text of the first one.

Changing that line to this

set _Notes to get every note of every notebook where its local id ends with ("/" & sLocId)

makes it work!

Mark

Thanks, Carlos. The new version gives the same result, but I figured out the cause of the problem with a little debugging of the en_paste script.

The local ID of the note is "p116". This line of the script 

set _Notes to get every note of every notebook where its local id contains sLocId

returns notes p1161, p1165, p116, and p1163. And then the script pastes the text of the first one.

Changing that line to this

set _Notes to get every note of every notebook where its local id ends with ("/" & sLocId)

makes it work!

Mark

I kind of have fixed the same issue but regarding open a note.

I thought I have updated the paste script too but I didn’t.

The open note script uses ends with sLocid

When you do a simple search using ens then hit enter does the right note open properly?

Anyway, he is a new updated version: download

Thank you for debugging the script.

hey guys.. hope I'm not completely a muppet.

But I was understanding when I search for a note i.e. "ens bill" I have a list of all my bills. But how does Quickview work in the list so that I don't have to maximize evernote? shift key doesn't work for me.

Thanks in advance for the clue.

hey guys.. hope I'm not completely a muppet.

But I was understanding when I search for a note i.e. "ens bill" I have a list of all my bills. But how does Quickview work in the list so that I don't have to maximize evernote? shift key doesn't work for me.

Thanks in advance for the clue.

Make sure to download Evernote from evernote.com because Quick Look and add file from Finder don't work with Evernote downloaded from Mac App Store due OSX Sandbox.

Hello Carlos! On workflow we have to use ens to search notes content, titles and tags and enr to see recent notes. Why not merge these 2 keywords and adopt only one where we could search and see the newest notes?

Next week I hope to start make some tests regarding your suggestion.

I'll let you know. Thank you again for your feedback!

Make sure to download Evernote from evernote.com because Quick Look and add file from Finder don't work with Evernote downloaded from Mac App Store due OSX Sandbox.

Thanks. Good to know. Now I use the download Version and it works with the preview.

Hi,

I think the problem I outlined earlier with the 'Add to Evernote' features in file not working was a problem with v5.3 Beta 1. Now its working all fine again but with one difference:

When I select multiple files it puts them all into one note. Is there any way of choosing whether multiple files get into one note or each create a seperate note? That will be super helpful to my Evernote OS workflow.

Any help with this will be super appreciated  :)

Hi,

I think the problem I outlined earlier with the 'Add to Evernote' features in file not working was a problem with v5.3 Beta 1. Now its working all fine again but with one difference:

When I select multiple files it puts them all into one note. Is there any way of choosing whether multiple files get into one note or each create a seperate note? That will be super helpful to my Evernote OS workflow.

Any help with this will be super appreciated  :)

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll think about in a way to create a note per file.

This is awesome!

I’ve reversed the results sent by Evernote to the workflow and it seems that recent notes are at the top of the list.

Download

Thanks Carlos. I'll keep an eye out for it :)

If I remember correctly it used to do it one note per file! Unless I'm mistaken...

Yes, now I remember. Here is a new version that adds a second file action: Add to Evernote (one note per file)

That’s the only possible way to keep both approaches.

Download

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question.  I LOVE using the Append feature, however when adding list items is it possible to enter a "hard tab"?  Simply put, I'd like to add a number of items and have them show up on new lines in the note.  Any suggestions or is it just not possible at this time?

Alfred itself does not allow a tab. The solution that may be possible is to e.g. replace two spaces with a new line. I said “may” because I have to check Evernote too.

What do you think about it?

Alfred itself does not allow a tab. The solution that may be possible is to e.g. replace two spaces with a new line. I said “may” because I have to check Evernote too.

What do you think about it?

Technically I'm not sure how it would work, but if it could be done with a double space=new line it would be a perfect solution!  Do tools like Keyboard Meastro or TextExpander work within Alfred?

• 1 month later...

Hey there! I really love your workflow! Thank you for that!

I got a little suggestion: set another keyword (e.g. "enf") to display favoured notes! That would give quicker access.

Quick question, as you're the evernote + applescript master: 
I wanna create a tiny workflow that opens one specific note in a new window. But I struggle, as I'm new to Apple Script. 

Something like: 

tell application "Evernote"

open note window with note title "notetitle"

activate

end tell

What's wrong with that?

Thanks in advance and best greetings!