Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4)

Carloz you just saved me so much time :-) this is great! Now i can transfer email to Evernote to the right notebook direkt with Alfred without knowing the exact name of the notebook!

It’s great to hear the workflow is working for you.

Version 8.0 should be ready in a week or so.

Thank you for testing and for your feedback.

Question - when i have added the note book "enn @evernote" i get the option to create new note from clipboard, text selection or email. Can i make "email" preferred? Now i have to toggle down to email every time i wants to add a email....

Alfred should learn the most used action.

If it is not then go to Alfred Preferences>Advanced and make sure “Top Result Keyword Latching” is checked. You can also try to press “Clear Knowledge” button to force Alfred to start learning from scratch.

By the way, here it is the most recent build (we’re next to the final 8.0): download now

Edited by Carlos-Sz

Carlos-sz.  When I use the workflow to say find a note, Evernote stays in the background.  I have to CMD-TAB to evernote after every search (ent, ens) inorder to see the results.

Is this a result of the workflow or evernote itself?

Hi. The workflow will only bring Evernote to the foreground when you press “Show in Evernote” menu item.

@ All:

By the way here is the latest build (alpha) with a lot of new features and improvements. See help for details (keyword en?). Download Now.

I think i have found a pattern regarding the "top result key word" issue. When i select an email and type "enn" the "top result" works perfect BUT when i decide to chose to add a note book into the equation the "top result" is not working.

Thank you for your feedback. 

It seems Alfred is not handling the order as it should.

Please, try the build below. This time the workflow will try to control the last used menu item (keyword enn) manually.

Note that this is a first build and I didn’t test it completely. Later today I’ll review it, test it and make some improvements if necessary.

Download Now

Thank you.

Hi. The workflow will only bring Evernote to the foreground when you press “Show in Evernote” menu item.

@ All:

By the way here is the latest build (alpha) with a lot of new features and improvements. See help for details (keyword en?). Download Now.

The process I use to query a note is: e.g. type 'ent recipes', and press CMD-2, CMD-X to get the right note.  Pressing ENTER after typing 'ent recipes' will only show me Evernote.

I think it's an issue with having too many desktops.  I usually have up to 5 desktops running across 2 monitors.  And the script basically brings up the note on one of the other desktop that's not in focus right now.

Is there anyway to modify the script give the note focus?

The process I use to query a note is: e.g. type 'ent recipes', and press CMD-2, CMD-X to get the right note.  Pressing ENTER after typing 'ent recipes' will only show me Evernote.

I think it's an issue with having too many desktops.  I usually have up to 5 desktops running across 2 monitors.  And the script basically brings up the note on one of the other desktop that's not in focus right now.

Is there anyway to modify the script give the note focus?

Go to the desktop where your Evernote is. Right click its dock icon. Go to Options and select (Assign to) All Desktops.

Finally, if you type ent recipes you have to first use the arrows to select the note then press return key otherwise the Show in Evernote will be highlighted by default giving focus to Evernote itself.

Evernote 8.0 is out!

Thank you all for the great feedback.

What’s new?

• New syntax to create a note: @notebook #tag1 #tag2 !reminder :Title
  • Select tags and a notebook from a list or type them when searching or creating a new note
  • Create one note for each Finder selected file
  • Create a note from current Safari or Google Chrome URL
  • Keyword enu to search notes with a source URL (default action is to open the URL instead of the note itself)
  • Keyword enr to search and handle due/overdue reminders
  • Keyword entodo to search to-do notes
  • keyword enrec to search notes updated within a week
  • Search with a selected notebook and multiple selected tags at the same time e.g. ens @notebook #tag1 #tag2 :my query
  • Set a reminder (option key)
  • Open note URL (function key)
  • Append text or file(s) selected in Finder to a note from search feature (command key)
  • Append file(s) from Finder
  • Several improvements
  • Bugs fixed

Download Now

This is awesome. Thank you. 

I've put together some AppleScripts for Evernote, which may or may prove helpful additions to this workflow. I have a bunch as Gists here: gist.github.com/smargh . For example, I have an AppleScript to create an HTML note in Evernote from some Markdown formatted plain text file. This could easily be tweaked to work as a File Action. 

I'm not trying to push anything, but I plan on tweaking my personal version of the workflow to add some functionality. I just thought that some of these features might be more generally helpful. I personally write tons of notes in Markdown and then send this to Evernote as HTML. If you are interested in this functionality, I could add it on my end and we could go from there. 

But either way, great workflow.

This is awesome. Thank you. 

I've put together some AppleScripts for Evernote, which may or may prove helpful additions to this workflow. I have a bunch as Gists here: gist.github.com/smargh . For example, I have an AppleScript to create an HTML note in Evernote from some Markdown formatted plain text file. This could easily be tweaked to work as a File Action. 

I'm not trying to push anything, but I plan on tweaking my personal version of the workflow to add some functionality. I just thought that some of these features might be more generally helpful. I personally write tons of notes in Markdown and then send this to Evernote as HTML. If you are interested in this functionality, I could add it on my end and we could go from there. 

But either way, great workflow.

Thank you.

Markdown support (I’m not sure about the best way to implement it yet) is planned. I’ll check your AppleScripts. 

Right now I’m using Byword Premium that can publish a markdown text to Evernote.

I have 811 notes within my Evernote account... every time I try to use the Workflow, it simply says evernote searching.... I'm running OSX 10.9.2, Evernote 5.5, and 8.0 for this workflow. Do you have any idea what may be going on here?

Thanks!

Make sure to update Alfred 2 and make sure to download Evernote from evernote.com.

In addition, please try to delete the workflow, download and install it again.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems this workflow can not recognize the tag start with "#" symbol. i.e. "#To Buy"

When I want to create a note with tag "#To buy", it's not workable.

Is there any chance to update or It should other solution I don't know? ^_^

There is no simple solution right now. Sorry.

Guest LevitasWake

Hi, this is the first workflow I imported so I am trying to understand how I can use it.

I am not able to figure out how I type the title of a note and then add something else to the body. Thank you.

Hi, this is the first workflow I imported so I am trying to understand how I can use it.

I am not able to figure out how I type the title of a note and then add something else to the body. Thank you.

To type a note within Alfred:

1. Bring Alfred

2. type the keyword enn

3. type your note (in this case note title and content will be the same)

4. highlight “Type a Note” and hit return key

Check the workflow Help (keyword en?) for more details.

this workflows' so smart and elegant that it makes me want to study some applescript and make my mac work for me XD

Thank you! AppleScript is not that hard. You can find a lot of examples making things easier. For me it’s kind of a hobby. :)