Carlos-Sz

Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4)

Hi

Have the same problem again.

Just installed the 8.91 version of the evernote workflow and updated Evernote

Have problem when typing enn just show "New note from template, Keyword: ennt"

When install 8.7 again the enn works fine and when install 8.9 the same problem occur.

Any solutions?

Hi

When install 8.7 again the enn works fine and when install 8.9 the same problem occur.

Any solutions?

I can’t reproduce the issue but I’m making some tests.

Please try to delete the workflow from Alfred Preferences then install it again and make sure Alfred is also updated to version 2.5 (299).

Hi

Any solutions?

In addition, here is a new build (8.92) that changed the template keyword from ennt to etem

Download

I just downloaded this today and it works great! Thanks for all your work on this.

Could someone please tell me if this is possible? I'd like to append information to an existing note with this Alfred script. The note is titled Daily Task Log: 2014-10-16 but the date changes the title every day. I'm attaching a screenshot of the formatting of the note but basically I'd just want a timestamp and a short description appended. Here's what a note looks like: http://d.pr/i/16gP9/13Z0wacv

Is there a way of modifying one of these scripts to accomplish that?

Do you have PayPal? I want to donate money to you for doing such a good job maintaining this workflow. I use it every day multiple times a day.

Ditto.

I just downloaded this today and it works great! Thanks for all your work on this.

Could someone please tell me if this is possible? I'd like to append information to an existing note with this Alfred script. The note is titled Daily Task Log: 2014-10-16 but the date changes the title every day. I'm attaching a screenshot of the formatting of the note but basically I'd just want a timestamp and a short description appended. Here's what a note looks like: http://d.pr/i/16gP9/13Z0wacv

Is there a way of modifying one of these scripts to accomplish that?

I think it is possible to add current date as a template feature like selection and clipboard. Read about templates here.

Do you have PayPal? I want to donate money to you for doing such a good job maintaining this workflow. I use it every day multiple times a day.

Ditto.

Thank you. It is very nice to know the workflow is useful for you and that’s all that matter. :)

When I try to use this workflow, it fails as soon as I use the spacebar. Alfred just reverts to a standard search. Here's the debug:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:90: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/ifly97/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.evernote/settings.plist" of application "System Events". (-1728)

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:98: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/ifly97/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.evernote/settings.plist" of application "System Events". (-1728)

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:90: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/ifly97/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.evernote/settings.plist" of application "System Events". (-1728)

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:99: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/ifly97/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.evernote/settings.plist" of application "System Events". (-1728)

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:100: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/ifly97/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.evernote/settings.plist" of application "System Events". (-1728)

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:101: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/ifly97/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.evernote/settings.plist" of application "System Events". (-1728)

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:103: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/ifly97/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.evernote/settings.plist" of application "System Events". (-1728)

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:105: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/ifly97/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.evernote/settings.plist" of application "System Events". (-1728)

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:106: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/ifly97/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.evernote/settings.plist" of application "System Events". (-1728)

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:98: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/ifly97/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.evernote/settings.plist" of application "System Events". (-1728)

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:99: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/ifly97/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.evernote/settings.plist" of application "System Events". (-1728)

When I try to use this workflow, it fails as soon as I use the spacebar. Alfred just reverts to a standard search. Here's the debug:

1. Delete the workflow from Alfred preferences

2. Download version 8.92 of the workflow from here

3. Install the workflow again

4. Make sure to use Evernote app from evernote.com

5. Make sure to update Alfred

Carlos,

Thank you so much for this workflow. Saves a lot of time and is key to my productivity workflow. I use the enn feature to create a note from a mail message quite often. When I do so the first 10-15 lines of the note is header info that is not needed, just a plain from and to would be enough.

Would it be possible to change the workflow that way? Or is there something I can edit to make the header more concise?

Best,

Fokke

Carlos,

Have problems again, don't really knows what the problem is. The problem is always when typing "enn"

Using:

OS X Yosemite 10.10

Evernote from evernote.com 5.6.1

Alfred 2.5

Evernote workflow 8.92

Parallels desktop with Windows 8

The problem now is when i type "enn" the search google, search amazon and search wikipedia turns up(loading options take some time). I have deleted and installed and restarted workflow, evernote and alfred, didn't help.

After approx 30 minutes and no action done it worked again (don't understand)

Is there some cash to empty or what kind of problem could it be? The problem turns up from time to time (see my earlier posts)

Carlos,

Have problems again, don't really knows what the problem is. The problem is always when typing "enn"

Using:

OS X Yosemite 10.10

Evernote from evernote.com 5.6.1

Alfred 2.5

Evernote workflow 8.92

Parallels desktop with Windows 8

The problem now is when i type "enn" the search google, search amazon and search wikipedia turns up(loading options take some time). I have deleted and installed and restarted workflow, evernote and alfred, didn't help.

After approx 30 minutes and no action done it worked again (don't understand)

Is there some cash to empty or what kind of problem could it be? The problem turns up from time to time (see my earlier posts)

I had to downgrade to Evernote 5.5.1 because the current version has too many bugs, specially regarding AppleScript.

I’ll try to make some tests as soon as possible and I’ll try to make some error handling across enn keyword.

Carlos,

Thank you so much for this workflow. Saves a lot of time and is key to my productivity workflow. I use the enn feature to create a note from a mail message quite often. When I do so the first 10-15 lines of the note is header info that is not needed, just a plain from and to would be enough.

Would it be possible to change the workflow that way? Or is there something I can edit to make the header more concise?

Best,

Fokke

You can try to edit line 553 of en_addnote.scpt:

set sNote to (paragraph 1 of theHeader & return & paragraph 2 of theHeader & return & paragraph 3 of theHeader & return & paragraph 4 of theHeader & return & return & sNote)

Maybe removing paragraph 1 of theHeader & return &

I had to downgrade to Evernote 5.5.1 because the current version has too many bugs, specially regarding AppleScript.

I’ll try to make some tests as soon as possible and I’ll try to make some error handling across enn keyword.

I also experiencing bugs and not working enn keyword. I thought it was because of Alfred but your suggestion is that it is Evernote. Will downgrade and see what happens.

Thnxs.

Fokke

Using Evernote 8.9.2 workflow on Yosemite. When I try to enter a new note (ENN type-a-note) I get two popups asking me where Google Chrome.app is.

I don't have and I don't want Chrome on my Mac.

Is there a way to get rid of that popup?

It should not ask anything.

I’ll try to reproduce the issue.

[update] Please try version 8.93: download

Edited by Carlos-Sz

[update] Please try version 8.93: download

Hi Carlos,

Tried 8.93 but the enn keyword is broken. Probably by Evernote, I use the newest version. Debugging resulted in error message below:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:90: execution error: Can’t get item 1 of {}. (-1728)

If you have a link to the latest stable Evernote version I can revert back to would be great. Couldn't find it on the Evernote site.

Fokke

[update] Sometimes enn seems to work and sometimes not. Workaround is not typing 'enn' but type 'en' and wait till Alfred will suggest enn as the first option, hit enter and then the flow works.

Edited by kiddokay

Hi Carlos,

Tried 8.93 but the enn keyword is broken. Probably by Evernote, I use the newest version. Debugging resulted in error message below:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:90: execution error: Can’t get item 1 of {}. (-1728)

If you have a link to the latest stable Evernote version I can revert back to would be great. Couldn't find it on the Evernote site.

Fokke

[update] Sometimes enn seems to work and sometimes not. Workaround is not typing 'enn' but type 'en' and wait till Alfred will suggest enn as the first option, hit enter and then the flow works.

I could not reproduce the issue, at least not yet.

I have downloaded a previous version of Evernote from Uptodown (I could not find anything wrong with the file but since it is not from the official site…).

[update] here is a new version that removes some manual menu sorting to let Alfred handle it again (Alfred Preferences>Advanced>Top Result Latching) along with some error handling: download

Edited by Carlos-Sz

Hi Carlos,

FYI.

8.93 when type "enn" the search google, search amazon and search wikipedia turns up.

reinstall to 8.7 "enn" works

8.94 "enn" works, "ennt" the search google, search amazon and search wikipedia turns up.

ennt was replaced by etemp

Can You try it please?

Hi Carlos,

FYI.

8.93 when type "enn" the search google, search amazon and search wikipedia turns up.

reinstall to 8.7 "enn" works

8.94 "enn" works, "ennt" the search google, search amazon and search wikipedia turns up.

[update] here is a new version that removes some manual menu sorting to let Alfred handle it again (Alfred Preferences>Advanced>Top Result Latching) along with some error handling: download

Carlos,

Thanks for all your effort to get us going! I can confirm that 8.94 with Evernote 5.7.0 is working ok here for me.

Fokke