Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4)

I'm finding adding anything with a notebook is failing me.

--

I select 3 PDFs in Finder (all under 100KB each) then trigger Alfred and type:

enn Test ##geek

Select "New Note from Finder Selected Files"

Expected behaviour: Create a note called "Test" in the notebook "Geek" that includes the 3 PDFs.

Result: Nothing happens

--

Same command but with a tag specified:

enn Test #travel#geek

Select "New Note from Finder Selected Files"

Result: Nothing happens

--

I then repeated these but selecting "Type a Note" and nothing happens.

Best,

Alex

Thank you.

Here is a new beta that fixes the title. Download

In my tests here everything is working.

Please, make sure to use the latest Evernote app version from evernote.com (that is important).

Finally, inside the workflow folder there is a en_addnote_test.scpt that you can open in AppleScript Editor, select files in Finder then Run the script. At this point AppleScript Editor will show the error. If you are not familiar with such test I can send you a message later with a step by step.

Hi Carlos,

I ran the Applescript and the error I get is:

"AppleScript Error

Evernote got an error: Notebook names must be unique"

I'm off to Glastonbury tomorrow morning so I may not be able to be able to respond again until next week. Thanks for your help :-)

Best,

Alex

Hi Carlos,

I ran the Applescript and the error I get is:

"AppleScript Error

Evernote got an error: Notebook names must be unique"

I'm off to Glastonbury tomorrow morning so I may not be able to be able to respond again until next week. Thanks for your help :-)

Best,

Alex

Great. I was able to reproduce the error by typing the notebook name not considering the case. I have a notebook named Code but if I type in Alfred only code then I get the error.

The build below tries to get the proper case even if the user type it incorrectly:

Download

Thank you.

Reminders ?

Anyway to ad reminders pref by the same method as when sending emails to evernote?

!tomorrow
!weekday    (like !monday)
!2013/06/01  (reminder date)
@notebook
#tag 1

Alternatively I could set up an Alfred workflow that sends emails I suppose.

/DaC

• 2 weeks later...

Reminders ?

Anyway to ad reminders pref by the same method as when sending emails to evernote?

!tomorrow

!weekday    (like !monday)

!2013/06/01  (reminder date)

@notebook

#tag 1

Alternatively I could set up an Alfred workflow that sends emails I suppose.

/DaC

Unfortunately Evernote didn’t add AppleScript commands to handle Reminders yet.

Anyway, it is my plan to add support to Reminders when it is possible.

Hi Carlos,

I can confirm it works great now :-)

Thanks!

Alex

Great! Thank you for your feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, THANK YOU for your great work on this workflow.

Got a couple of questions for ya:

1. Do you plan to add the new Evernote Shortcuts to the workflow?

2. My Recent Notes aren't showing up correctly. I'm getting older notes as opposed to recent ones. Does this have something to do with the latest version of Evernote? Or am I missing something?

Thanks again!

2. My Recent Notes aren't showing up correctly. I'm getting older notes as opposed to recent ones. Does this have something to do with the latest version of Evernote? Or am I missing something?

Shame on me for not saying it beforehand, but I see the same issue & don't use enr for that reason.  It shows me notes from the past week or three, but not sorted with the most recent at the top.  I use Evernote pretty heavily, so I'll update 75-100 notes each week.

I'll second the other comment - this is a great workflow!  I use the search all the time.

Thanks again!

Shame on me for not saying it beforehand, but I see the same issue & don't use enr for that reason.  It shows me notes from the past week or three, but not sorted with the most recent at the top.  I use Evernote pretty heavily, so I'll update 75-100 notes each week.

I'll second the other comment - this is a great workflow!  I use the search all the time.

I'll check the recent notes as soon as possible. I'm still on vacation. :)

Thank you all for the great feedback.

chiming in here.. neither enr or enc work as I expect

(i'm on a mac if that makes any difference)

For enr - what I think it's doing  - the script is searching for items in the last 7 days.  But it shows them oldest first.  So if you've had a lot of activity what you end up  with is a list of notes from 6 or 7 days ago.  I would want them to be shown most recent first.

For enc 

what I get is the first shortcut on the list and only that

I think the list parsing isn't working correctly -  from a quick look at the script, it Iooks like the delimiter that's being looked for isn't found - so since it's never found, it seems like  it's only one element and that's what's shown. (that's an very uneducated quess)

On 7/25/2013 at 10:39 AM, Beef Rainbow said:

Thanks again!

On 7/25/2013 at 4:11 PM, erikprzekop said:

Recent Notes: can you all try to make a search in Evernote using the following query: updated:day-7

This is what the workflow is asking to Evernote and then the workflow lists the results without parsing it or something.

I have a small collection and it seems to be working. However, next week I’ll try to make more notes and see how it goes.

Make sure to use Evernote from evernote.com and NOT from MAS.

Hello Carlos! At first, thank you for sharing. I just start using the workflow and tag search is not working for me. When I type "ens #" I don't get any results. Thoughts?

P.S.: I suppose you are brazilian like me, right? In this case, feel free for replying in portuguese. ツ

Make sure to use Evernote from evernote.com and NOT from MAS.

Then try to reinstall the workflow. The ens # should work.

On 7/26/2013 at 5:49 AM, threepenny said:

chiming in here.. neither enr or enc work as I expect

(i'm on a mac if that makes any difference)

For enr - what I think it's doing  - the script is searching for items in the last 7 days.  But it shows them oldest first.  So if you've had a lot of activity what you end up  with is a list of notes from 6 or 7 days ago.  I would want them to be shown most recent first.

For enc 

what I get is the first shortcut on the list and only that

I think the list parsing isn't working correctly -  from a quick look at the script, it Iooks like the delimiter that's being looked for isn't found - so since it's never found, it seems like  it's only one element and that's what's shown. (that's an very uneducated quess)

See below regarding Recent Notes.

Shortcut works only for notes. Do you have only notes or notebooks and tags too?

Anyway, the shortcut support is very limited since the workflow reads a file in order to try to get the notes.

Make sure to use Evernote from evernote.com and NOT from MAS.

On 7/26/2013 at 2:58 PM, Jono said:

Great workflow, thanks!

Is there any way use the workflow from Alfred without it opening the Evernote app? (or is it unavoidable?)

It is not possible at all. Sorry. :)

Edited by deanishe
Replace real name
On 7/26/2013 at 10:32 PM, Carlos-Sz said:

So when you type ens # nothing happens?

And what about only ens?

Can you delete the Evernote workflow and reinstall it please? Download Evernote workflow 7.1

As I told you in the last post, I already deleted and reinstalled the workflow 7.1. No matter if I type ens # or just ens in both cases I can't see any tags, only notes are shown.

Edited by xilopaint

As I told you in the last post, I already deleted and reinstalled the workflow 7.1. No matter if I type ens # or just ens in both cases I can't see any tags, only notes are shown.

Contact me: carlos.sz at gmail dot com

We can talk in portuguese and make some tests. Thanks. :)

Edited by deanishe
Replace real name

Recent Notes: can you all try to make a search in Evernote using the following query: updated:day-7

This is what the workflow is asking to Evernote and then the workflow lists the results without parsing it or something.

I have a small collection and it seems to be working. However, next week I’ll try to make more notes and see how it goes.

Make sure to use Evernote from evernote.com and NOT from MAS.

Make sure to use Evernote from evernote.com and NOT from MAS.

Then try to reinstall the workflow. The ens # should work.

See below regarding Recent Notes.

Shortcut works only for notes. Do you have only notes or notebooks and tags too?

Anyway, the shortcut support is very limited since the workflow reads a file in order to try to get the notes.

Make sure to use Evernote from evernote.com and NOT from MAS.

yes.. after I couldn't understand the results I was getting so  I had a look at your script .  I could see it was searching for notes in the last 7 days...

I had over 100 entries in the last 7 days. So I went and looked at what were the notes from 7 days ago - and those were the ones that were showing at the top of the list.. then some from 6 days ago, then that was all the were shown. 

so.. I expect if you only had about 18 or less notes in the last 7 days, it would show you all of them - oldest first. 

on the shortcuts - it's just notes in my shortcut list - and it reliably finds the first one on the list, but no others.  I checked by moving them around - if I move a different shortcut to be first on my list then it finds that, but not any others.  It's like the  the script is not finding the delimiter you are expecting between the list items. 

yes.. after I couldn't understand the results I was getting so  I had a look at your script .  I could see it was searching for notes in the last 7 days...

I had over 100 entries in the last 7 days. So I went and looked at what were the notes from 7 days ago - and those were the ones that were showing at the top of the list.. then some from 6 days ago, then that was all the were shown. 

so.. I expect if you only had about 18 or less notes in the last 7 days, it would show you all of them - oldest first. 

on the shortcuts - it's just notes in my shortcut list - and it reliably finds the first one on the list, but no others.  I checked by moving them around - if I move a different shortcut to be first on my list then it finds that, but not any others.  It's like the  the script is not finding the delimiter you are expecting between the list items. 

Can you please test version 7.48? It will reverse the order passed by Evernote to the workflow. Thank you for your feedback.

Download