Localized app name in results

dsc

I'm wondering if the following is expected behaviour ("Lieferungen" means deliveries in German):

The Deliveries app is localized in German and I bought the app from the German App Store, but my language is set to English.

Alfred is being given the display name by OS X (without knowing the language)...

perhaps try setting your localisation to German, and then back to English then typing 'reload' into Alfred.

Also, what is the app showing as in Finder?

Cheers,

Andrew

• 1 month later...

Spotlight also has this issue, so it doesn't appear to be related to Alfred.

Switching from to German and back to English didn't fix the problem. I switched it to German briefly a while ago, this may have caused the issue as my German work machine has always been in English and does not have the issue.

You can try re-indexing the app, which should hopefully update the name. In Terminal/iTerm, run mdimport /Applications/Deliveries.app

Probably not relevant, but somebody might find this trick useful: I sometimes need to start an application with German locale on my English system (so it uses German number formatting etc.). I added a File Action connected to the following script:

new_locale='de_DE@currency=EUR'

original_locale=$(defaults read -g AppleLocale)

defaults write -g AppleLocale "$new_locale"

open {query}

defaults write -g AppleLocale "$original_locale"

This only affects one application, and the best bit is it doesn't change the application language, so I don't have to deal with Apple's weird German translations.