Unable to find 1Password Data [Fixed 2.8.2 b429]

sphardy

Hello

While I have seen this issue posted previously and resolved, it appears to have returned.

I have successfully used 1Password with Alfred for a number of years, but it has 'stopped working' for me recently - the 1Password bookmarks are not loaded into Alfred and instead I see the error "unable to find 1password data" in Alfred Settings -> Features -> 1Password (Red text in lower right of window)

I have the "Enable 3rd party app integrations" option turned on in 1Password and I have the bookmarks-default.json generated in the expected location:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/3rd Party Integration/bookmarks-default.json

In Alfred I have tried both enabling autodiscovery and also entering the above path manually, but the "unable to find 1password data" error remains

Software versions reported as follows:

Alfred 2.8.1 (425)

1Password 6 Version 6.0.BETA-2 (600002)

OSX 10.11.2

I appreciate I am using a beta, however I have seen no references anywhere to Agilebits changing their 3rd party integration support and have successfully run with their betas before.

I would appreciate any suggestions

Edited by sphardy

Just a point of reference for anyone involved, a discussion is active in the 1Password forums Located @ https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/54377/login-item-updates-from-all-vaults-clears-3rd-party-integration-file-for-alfred-etc-now-fixed#latest

The title of the topic suggests its fixed but it may or may not be (for some) , I, and others still experience the issue.  Also manually setting the file location seems to have no noticeable effect.

Edit: Add details 

My specs are the same as sphardy's above.

Edited by thightower

I'm going to show the automatically discovered path in Alfred's Advanced tab in the next release which should help debug issues such as these.

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks much for that @Andrew. I am having the same issue with their latest beta though I hadn't previously. Setting the path directly hasn't helped so I am not sure what data Alfred app sees. The 3rd party file is valid JSON and looks like it is being updated as well.

Thanks much for that @Andrew. I am having the same issue with their latest beta though I hadn't previously. Setting the path directly hasn't helped so I am not sure what data Alfred app sees. The 3rd party file is valid JSON and looks like it is being updated as well.

EDIT: This is now available as a pre-release, if you update to 2.8.2 b429 pre-release from Alfred's Update prefs :)

I also made another minor change in this build which may help with the 1Password 6 beta, let me know :)

Cheers,

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...