How to disable Alfred Ctrl-N 'Show Package Contents Function'

Hi, all

I always use the ctrl-n/ ctrl-p to move down/up. However in alfred, when I press ctrl-n simultaneously it will show the package content of current that app instead of moving up/down. It is a little inconvenient for me to switch between the items. Is there some way to disable this?

Any help will be deeply appreciated!

Thanks!

Does Ctrl + N always result in showing package contents? And does it show it in Finder or Alfred? This isn't a default action in Alfred, so it's either a workflow hotkey you've set up, or a third-party shortcut that interferes with Alfred. :)

(Also, could you please enter your valid Alfred v2 Powerpack email address in your forum profile? I can see you've entered an address but it isn't a valid Powerpack address.)

• 1 year later...

Same problem here -- I'd really like to use ctrl-n to move down. This works correctly in the results list *unless* the list item is an application, in which case it triggers the "Show Package Contents". In other words, I can navigate up and down with ctrl-n and ctrl-p through files, folders, web hits, contacts, whatever, until I hit an application. (Ctrl-p still works on the application.) 

This doesn't happen in Finder (I can move up or down as expected, since I've mapped the key with Karabiner). There doesn't seem to be anything about "Show Package Contents" in Keyboard->Shortcuts.

Is there a way to check the Alfred hotkeys (without looking through every workflow, of which I have many)?

Edited by shira
  • 4 years later...

Problem description

I still have this problem. With BTT, I have this setup here: https://community.folivora.ai/t/keyboard-shortcuts-conflict-with-alfred/15783 - so CTRL-N emulates down-arrow and CTRL-P emulates up-arrow. 

And CTRL-N does both now: First emulates a down-arrow and then does this weird thing in Alfred, where it goes to 'Show Package Contents'.

Solution Attempt

I can see that it goes to Universal Actions and takes the first one from that list ( Alfred settings >> Features >> Universal Actions >> Actions ). 

But if I untick it, then it don't do it. Ahh! Hope (I thought briefly). So I unticked all Universal Actions, but alas! Then it just list my Workflows, when I press CTRL-N. Grr!

What annoys me the most is that I can't even figure out, what this Shortcut key is supposed to do! It's not listed in the Cheatsheet: https://www.alfredapp.com/help/getting-started/cheatsheet/ . And I can't figure it out myself: List universal actions, if any is defined - if not then list workflows. What is this black magic?!

On 2/1/2022 at 12:41 PM, Vero said:

@zeth Do you have Ctrl checked in Features > Universal Actions > General for "Show Actions"?

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 11.41.20.png

If you uncheck it there, it won't show the Actions list :)

Cheers,
Vero

Oh, my God! Vero... I love you! 

It worked!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! ❤️

• 2 months later...