How to make iTunes playback continue after a searched song has been played

Hi,

I'm new to Alfred and just bought the power pack for V2, so far I'm liking it.

I wonder if there is a way to make alfred continue the playback on iTunes after a song you searched on the mini-player is done playing.

I ask this because if I search for a song after the song is done it's pure silence and the playback doesn't continue, is there anyway to make alfred continue playing song, let's say, at random?

I would like to be able to do this as well. I also realize it's similar in behaviour to ios devices when you ask Siri to play a specific song that it will stop after that song. Hopefully someone will be able to make a workflow of it, if its possible at all.

Hi,

I'm new to Alfred and just bought the power pack for V2, so far I'm liking it.

I wonder if there is a way to make alfred continue the playback on iTunes after a song you searched on the mini-player is done playing.

I ask this because if I search for a song after the song is done it's pure silence and the playback doesn't continue, is there anyway to make alfred continue playing song, let's say, at random?

Guys, I'm sorry but this currently isn't possible. Selecting a single track in the mini player is the equivalent of  double clicking a file inside of iTunes itself. It plays the current track and then stops. We are hoping that at some point Apple will open iTunes up a little more and make it so that we can get access to the Up Next feature. If we could tap into that, we may could provide this functionality. Until then, just keep your fingers crossed that Apple decides to be nice.

Guys, I'm sorry but this currently isn't possible. Selecting a single track in the mini player is the equivalent of  double clicking a file inside of iTunes itself. It plays the current track and then stops. We are hoping that at some point Apple will open iTunes up a little more and make it so that we can get access to the Up Next feature. If we could tap into that, we may could provide this functionality. Until then, just keep your fingers crossed that Apple decides to be nice.

Thanks for answering, I think the iTunes API supports this as other similar applications like Butler did support continuous playback after a song was selected.

Maybe it's just a different API call they are using to acoomplish this.

So I did some small research and found that if you tell iTunes to play a song through Apple Script (which I think it's the only way) without telling him about a playlist it would play that track and then continue playing.

For example:

tell application "iTunes"
    play track 1
end tell

Would play the first track of my iTunes library and then continue playing, if you happen to have the index of all the songs and you can ask to play song X that should be enough :)