Sync Alfred Preferences with iCloud

I sync my preferences using iCloud folders but looks like Alfred only read/write preferences on start/quit, so I have problems syncing between computers as I usually doesn't close Alfred at all. I have to restart the app to see changes applied.

Is there a way to improve this behaviour? I really appreciate that.

Thanks.

I sync my preferences using iCloud folders but looks like Alfred only read/write preferences on start/quit, so I have problems syncing between computers as I usually doesn't close Alfred at all. I have to restart the app to see changes applied.

Is there a way to improve this behaviour? I really appreciate that.

Thanks.

Alfred continually writes preferences as you use them as they are just files written to disk. Are you still experiencing this issue, as it may have been a temporary issue with iCloud.

Cheers,

Andrew

Yes, it seems like it's writing continuosly on disk. But the problem is that Alfred only reads on start. So this is not transparent when you're working with 2 different computers. I have to restart Alfred every time in order to get the app updated. Otherwise both Alfred apps are writting different things on the icloud's folder.

Yes, it seems like it's writing continuosly on disk. But the problem is that Alfred only reads on start. So this is not transparent when you're working with 2 different computers. I have to restart Alfred every time in order to get the app updated. Otherwise both Alfred apps are writting different things on the icloud's folder.

Alfred has two ways of updating preferences which are used regardless of wether you have set a sync folder or not... firstly by OS X distributed notification (from prefs app to Alfred app), and secondly from filesystem updated notifications. If both of these are failing, I suspect there may be something at the OS X level outside of Alfred's control (perhaps an installed app which is causing a behaviour change?)

Could you try temporarily setting your sync folder to ~/Documents and see if it works as expected? If so, perhaps try setting it back to a different folder on iCloud (or Dropbox)?

Cheers,

Andrew

Ok, I'll try it. So then, maybe this happens because the Mac is still reading/writing the file when it's asleep. Sometimes I saw some other apps up to date when I come to my mac after a time.

Thanks for the support.