Fetching list from ssh takes too long I suspect, script terminated?

G'day folks!

I've recently dug into writing a workflow for Alfred which purpose is to control Hyperion (a service which supplies LED stripes with data). However, when I'm trying to ssh into the remote machine to fetch a list of all available colors (148 ones), it apparently takes too long. Now, I've read on the forum that Alfred has no such thing as timeout. But in that case, I would love if someone could explain why I can fetch the list of effects, where there are only 14 lines and not the list of colors (148).

Is there anything I can do?

Oh, and yeah: I've seen the setting "terminate script on subsequent input setting", but I cannot find it no more. I thought I could test without that setting, but I don't seem to find it anymore.

Edit: found the setting. Whatever setting I had didn't matter. If I run the script in the terminal, the file with the list creates just fine. It's only an issue when using Alfred.

Thankful for answers.

Edited by Nosskirneh

G'day folks!

I've recently dug into writing a workflow for Alfred which purpose is to control Hyperion (a service which supplies LED stripes with data). However, when I'm trying to ssh into the remote machine to fetch a list of all available colors (148 ones), it apparently takes too long. Now, I've read on the forum that Alfred has no such thing as timeout. But in that case, I would love if someone could explain why I can fetch the list of effects, where there are only 14 lines and not the list of colors (148).

Oh, and yeah: I've seen the setting "terminate script on subsequent input setting", but I cannot find it no more. I thought I could test without that setting, but I don't seem to find it anymore.

Edit: found the setting. Whatever setting I had didn't matter. If I run the script in the terminal, the file with the list creates just fine. It's only an issue when using Alfred.

Thankful for answers.

Hi there,

Could you please fill in your Powerpack email address in your forum profile? This helps us (admins) confirm your Powerpack status, then we'll be happy to help you out :)

Cheers,

Vero

G'day folks!

Thankful for answers.

Generally, it's very difficult to diagnose a problem with a script without seeing the actual script.

Could you post the code that isn't working and a screenshot or precise description of how you're calling it from Alfred? Also the actual error message you're getting.