Autodesk Fusion Indexing Issue

- What you were doing when the issue happened

Autodesk Fusion updates by creating a new folder in the production dir, with a special hash code signifying the version. When I try to open Autodesk from Alfred, I get a list of applications, yet only one exists (the previous versions are all indexed, but have since been deleted). So clicking on most of the icons does nothing. I have to sort of randomly guess which link is correct.

I have attempted to reset the search scope, but I don't what else I could do other than creating a custom workflow, which I would have to update on each Autodesk update.

- Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action

With each new update, the list keeps getting longer. It will inconsistently add the broken app icon after some amount of attempts to open or age.

- Include any screenshots that might help us

AlfredFusionMixup.png

- Include the Alfred version & build number you are using

Alfred 2.8.2

- Include your OS X version

OX El Capitan: 10.11.2

This might be a spotlight bug, but I wonder if there is a way to fix it?

> Actually spotlight doesn't recognize the location of the Autodesk Fusion application and instead only finds the application for Autodesk removal.

Edited by KyleKing

Hi! Sorry for the delay, I didn't properly subscribe to notifications.

So I think I figured out more of what was going on.

Originally, I manually added the Autodesk fusion directory to the search scope, which included multiple installations of Fusion (that can't be opened anyway). I reset the search scope then used the reload command, which cleared the list of broken Autodesk links

Here is a screenshot of the Autodesk directory (~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/webdeploy/production/) [Also each numbered folder has some variation of the same contents, but all have a .app file]:

autodesk.png

The file that should be opened is an alias file inside of the ~/Applications directory (~/Applications/Autodesk Fusion 360). Interestingly, this file shows up as "Autodesk Fusion 360.app" in the Alfred finder navigation menu. I checked that the ~/Applications folder was in the search scope

Is there a way to use the alias file so that Alfred always has the most up to date version? I created a package workaround for the meantime, which just opens the alias file

• 3 weeks later...

Just following up, do you know if there is a fix for this issue? The workaround to open the alias seems to be working pretty well, if not

There isn't really a fix for this (and OS X doesn't index aliases by default), but you could put together a little workflow which launches the latest alias. If you set the keyword and icon to be the Autodesk icon, it will appear like launching any other app.

Let me know if you need a hand making the workflow, and I'll help out :)

Cheers,

Andrew

• 2 years later...

I know this an old thread, but the issue is not yet resolved it seems.

I did a quick fix on my machine – saving a shellscript as an OSX app, using Automator:

1. Open Automator.app and create new Document of type Application
  2. Select Run Shell Script
  3. Paste the following code:
~/Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/webdeploy/production/Autodesk\ Fusion\ 360.app/Contents/MacOS/Autodesk\ Fusion\ 360

I saved this as Autodesk Fusion 360 Launcher.app in Applications/.

Solved the issue.

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 14.12.20.jpg