Todoist Workflow

6 hours ago, nateyall said:

Hi Martien,

Apologies if I haven't read this thread closely enough but I wasn't sure if you had thought of incorporating in the todos call an option to display your todos by #project or #inbox or #today in order to selectively display certain to-do lists? This would be a great feature if it's not already part of the workflow.

Best,

Nate

Hi it's something I am willing to look in, would you mind creating an issue here on github (https://github.com/moranje/alfred-workflow-todoist/issues) so I can keep track of different requests. Also if you have any ideas on how you would like this function to work, write that down too. 

Also for those interested, I've just posted 3.1.4beta here which adds a better parser (namely #projects) and a little more visual feedback for the `todo add` command.

Thanks

Martien

Edited by Martien Oranje
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm yeah, I think I do. I may have made a wrong an assumption on the characters in the API token. I made the assumption based on tokens I've seen that they are always exactly 40 characters long and only consist of numbers 0-9 and lower case letters 'a' to 'f'. Can you tell where your token is different from this (don't share the entire token)?

Martien

I'm getting the same "Failure: Error: Not a Valid Token" message when I use the T:TOKEN command (and yes, I'm putting my 40-character token in place).

I reset my token and tried with the new one.

I have the PowerPack, and a Premium Business Todoist account.

I'm using v3.1.5 of this workflow.

Is this workflow now no longer supported?

2 hours ago, TodMaffin said:

Is this workflow now no longer supported?

Given that the workflow developer @Martien Oranje last posted two weeks ago, and logged in to the forum no more than 10 days ago, it's likely that his workflow simply needs a few tweaks, not that the workflow has been abandoned. :) 

Keep in mind that these workflows are created by users (who could be on holiday, given it's mid-July!) As Martien says, he made assumptions (that may or may not be correct) about the API tokens users get, so it might be a very easy fix for anyone who's also familiar with Todoist and its API.

Cheers,
Vero

Thanks, Martien. I was able to add the token without error messages this time. However, when I type "todo get milk" in Alfred, I now get an "invalid argument" error message. I have also tried "todo get milk tomorrow #personal" and the same happens. I can't find anything in the documentation that I'm doing incorrect. 

Any thoughts?

On 23-7-2017 at 1:33 AM, evinsmj said:

Thanks, Martien. I was able to add the token without error messages this time. However, when I type "todo get milk" in Alfred, I now get an "invalid argument" error message. I have also tried "todo get milk tomorrow #personal" and the same happens. I can't find anything in the documentation that I'm doing incorrect. 

Any thoughts?

First thought? I shouln't be allow to write code :-p. I am a little pressed for time atm so I tried to quick fix this one and should have tested it better. Also the code library needs a test suite, to protect me from myself. I'll try to fix, properly test and write and create a test suite after. Hang on..

Martien

• 1 month later...

**UPDATE: This issue is resolved for me by manually installing the workflow from GitHub.

I'm also receiving the invalid argument error when adding a new task. When debugging, the message I receive is:

[2017-09-01 01:02:40][STDERR: input.scriptfilter] ./shell/todo.parse.sh: line 52: INBOX          : command not found
./shell/todo.parse.sh: line 53: todoist_create_task: command not found
./shell/todo.parse.sh: line 54: : command not found
[2017-09-01 01:02:42][ERROR: action.script] module.js:491
    throw err;
    ^

Error: Cannot find module '/Users/user1/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.2817A63C-F83B-4358-A9BE-C87B62C5393C/index.js'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:489:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:439:25)
    at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:609:10)
    at startup (bootstrap_node.js:158:16)
    at bootstrap_node.js:598:3

Edited by asutt
Issue Resolved
  • 2 months later...

First off: Thanks so much for the work, Martien! As long as the workflow does, what's it's supposed to, it's awesome.

Because I wasn't able to install nodejs through the included script, I updated from v3.1.6 to the recent v4.0.2. Unfortunately this version doesn't really work for me. The "t"-command doesn't work with the ":token", ":nodejs" and … well other commands, except for ":update". The central "todo" doesn't work either.

For now I refrained from opening an Issue on Github, because I wanted to ask the people on here if I'm the only one with the problem.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2017 at 4:51 PM, Martien Oranje said:

Do create an issue, I'll see if I can get around to fixing the problem. Any error messages to help me along?

Hi @Martien Oranje! Well I have an issue with the workflow since I upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.2, this is the debug message, I think is the same:

[2018-01-05 10:18:03][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 'Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit #Personal !!1 , today'
[2018-01-05 10:18:04][input.scriptfilter] Script with argument '(null)' finished
[2018-01-05 10:18:04][input.scriptfilter] {"items":[{"title":"Create new task - Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit","uid":"todoist_create_task","arg":"{\"labels\":[],\"priority\":\"1\",\"project\":\"Personal\",\"date\":\"today\",\"task\":\"Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit\"}","type":"default","valid":true,"autocomplete":"Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit #Personal !!1 , today","icon":"icon.png","subtitle":"PERSONAL          ‼ 1          ⧖ today          "},{"title":"Set project","uid":"--------------------","arg":"","type":"default","valid":false,"autocomplete":"Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit #Personal !!1 , today #","icon":{"path":"project.png"},"subtitle":"Store task in a project, ex. #Work"},{"title":"Add label","uid":"--------------------","arg":"","type":"default","valid":false,"autocomplete":"Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit #Personal !!1 , today @","icon":{"path":"label.png"},"subtitle":"Add a label to this task, ex. @15min"},{"title":"Set priority","uid":"--------------------","arg":"","type":"default","valid":false,"autocomplete":"Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit #Personal !!1 , today !!","icon":{"path":"priority.png"},"subtitle":"Set task priority, ex. !!3"},{"title":"Set date","uid":"--------------------","arg":"","type":"default","valid":false,"autocomplete":"Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit #Personal !!1 , today , ","icon":{"path":"date.png"},"subtitle":"Set a date using a todoist date string, ex. today"}]}
[2018-01-05 10:18:06][input.scriptfilter] Processing output of 'action.script' with arg '{"labels":[],"priority":"1","project":"Personal","date":"today","task":"Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit"}'
[2018-01-05 10:18:17][action.script] Processing output of 'utility.junction' with arg 'Error: Invalid argument value ({"threshold":1,"expected":"minlen","argument":"temp_id"})
'
[2018-01-05 10:18:17][utility.junction] Processing output of 'utility.filter' with arg 'Error: Invalid argument value ({"threshold":1,"expected":"minlen","argument":"temp_id"})
'
[2018-01-05 10:18:17][utility.filter] Processing output of 'output.notification' with arg 'Error: Invalid argument value ({"threshold":1,"expected":"minlen","argument":"temp_id"})
'
[2018-01-05 10:18:17][utility.junction] Processing output of 'utility.filter' with arg 'Error: Invalid argument value ({"threshold":1,"expected":"minlen","argument":"temp_id"})

There's is also a issue with priorities, they are displaying in the wrong way, like they are inverted, ex: !!4 (in the workflow is !!1), !!1 (in the workflow is !!4)

Thanks in advance, and so many thanks for creating this amazing workflow, it simplified a lot the administration of assignment keys and learn them T.T!