Todoist Workflow

2 hours ago, Dzier said:

Hi @Martien Oranje! Well I have an issue with the workflow since I upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.2, this is the debug message, I think is the same:

[2018-01-05 10:18:03][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 'Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit #Personal !!1 , today'
[2018-01-05 10:18:04][input.scriptfilter] Script with argument '(null)' finished
[2018-01-05 10:18:04][input.scriptfilter] {"items":[{"title":"Create new task - Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit","uid":"todoist_create_task","arg":"{\"labels\":[],\"priority\":\"1\",\"project\":\"Personal\",\"date\":\"today\",\"task\":\"Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit\"}","type":"default","valid":true,"autocomplete":"Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit #Personal !!1 , today","icon":"icon.png","subtitle":"PERSONAL          ‼ 1          ⧖ today          "},{"title":"Set project","uid":"--------------------","arg":"","type":"default","valid":false,"autocomplete":"Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit #Personal !!1 , today #","icon":{"path":"project.png"},"subtitle":"Store task in a project, ex. #Work"},{"title":"Add label","uid":"--------------------","arg":"","type":"default","valid":false,"autocomplete":"Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit #Personal !!1 , today @","icon":{"path":"label.png"},"subtitle":"Add a label to this task, ex. @15min"},{"title":"Set priority","uid":"--------------------","arg":"","type":"default","valid":false,"autocomplete":"Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit #Personal !!1 , today !!","icon":{"path":"priority.png"},"subtitle":"Set task priority, ex. !!3"},{"title":"Set date","uid":"--------------------","arg":"","type":"default","valid":false,"autocomplete":"Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit #Personal !!1 , today , ","icon":{"path":"date.png"},"subtitle":"Set a date using a todoist date string, ex. today"}]}
[2018-01-05 10:18:06][input.scriptfilter] Processing output of 'action.script' with arg '{"labels":[],"priority":"1","project":"Personal","date":"today","task":"Buscar lamina proctectora FitBit"}'
[2018-01-05 10:18:17][action.script] Processing output of 'utility.junction' with arg 'Error: Invalid argument value ({"threshold":1,"expected":"minlen","argument":"temp_id"})
'
[2018-01-05 10:18:17][utility.junction] Processing output of 'utility.filter' with arg 'Error: Invalid argument value ({"threshold":1,"expected":"minlen","argument":"temp_id"})
'
[2018-01-05 10:18:17][utility.filter] Processing output of 'output.notification' with arg 'Error: Invalid argument value ({"threshold":1,"expected":"minlen","argument":"temp_id"})
'
[2018-01-05 10:18:17][utility.junction] Processing output of 'utility.filter' with arg 'Error: Invalid argument value ({"threshold":1,"expected":"minlen","argument":"temp_id"})

There's is also a issue with priorities, they are displaying in the wrong way, like they are inverted, ex: !!4 (in the workflow is !!1), !!1 (in the workflow is !!4)

Thanks in advance, and so many thanks for creating this amazing workflow, it simplified a lot the administration of assignment keys and learn them T.T!

What is your search?

I could produce an alfa build that had most of the new features implemented. But I haven't updated the test suite yet.

Ps. The priorities being inverted is a could be due to the Todoist server and client reasoning different about priorities, what is your expected behaviour?

1 hour ago, Martien Oranje said:

What is your search?

I could produce an alfa build that had most of the new features implemented. But I haven't updated the test suite yet.

Ps. The priorities being inverted is a could be due to the Todoist server and client reasoning different about priorities, what is your expected behaviour?

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm just only adding a task ;) (By the way, I'm seaching a Screen Protector for my FitBit). About the behavior, the normal as usual, if you declare !!1 then !!1, not !!4 to guess that is !!1 :blink:

I'll wait anxious :ph34r:

Edited by Dzier
2 hours ago, Dzier said:

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm just only adding a task ;) (By the way, I'm seaching a Screen Protector for my FitBit). About the behavior, the normal as usual, if you declare !!1 then !!1, not !!4 to guess that is !!1 :blink:

I'll wait anxious :ph34r:

Si you are saying you expect 1 to have the lowest priority?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 4:49 PM, Martien Oranje said:

Si you are saying you expect 1 to have the lowest priority?

No, the workflow or service (in High Sierra) is assigning inverted values. As I said before, if I give Priority (!!) 1 to a task, the workflow assigns !!4 to it and thats what should be corrected ;)

You can see it here: Screen Recorded

Sorry for the delay of the response.

I see what you are saying, I erroneously thought a high priority equaled a high number. That must have been why I never noticed. The API handles priorities in reverse order from the client. I'll throw in a conversion step. Nice catch! I must admit I have very little OSS time in January, I am using all the spare time a have for building a kitchen and baby room. The project makeover is about 85% done but still contains bugs and incomplete test suite and I rather not release a buggy version anymore :/

Martien

On 21-1-2018 at 5:32 PM, beetlefrosch said:

No, Todoist doesn't support German. 

Other workflows are working, "ebay searching" for example … I write "ebay" hit Enter an I can type "Audi A4". 

Screenshot 2018-01-21 17.29.41.png

Screenshot 2018-01-21 17.31.29.png

Maybe I misunderstood, I thought you were asking about not being able to use Todoist in German. Was that not your question?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I can't get this to work for me. I feel i am doing something wrong. Here is what i do know and my situation.

My company does not let me install todoist, so this workflow would help to some how input my tasks quickly, and view them well enough without the need for the software, and i can use the webapp to view my tasks as well, but that is a pain so really hoping to get this workflow going.

Here is what i see. I can type "tod" and i get these results, but when i click enter it goes into google or amazon to search... Very frustrating...

image.thumb.png.312c6695da4f0b3d98c4dfaef49021fc.png

Here is the version i have. v4.0.2

Edited by Miguel05

Hi Martien,

Thanks for all the effort you put into Alfred and its workflows!

One of the reasons why I bought Alfred Power Pack was the option to create tasks in Todoist with Alfred.

After installing the latest version of your workflow, I tried to create a Todoist task with Alfred. However, if I type "todo" and then enter something, I end up with a google search. I also tried to enter "todo [API number]" but I also ended up with a google search. I reinstalled the workflow a couple of times but the result did not change.

I use Todoist 7.0.12 (11333), Alfred v3.6 (903) and workflow v4.02 on MacOS 10.13.3

It would be great if you could suggest how I can solve the problem.

Thanks!!

Best,

Erik

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2018 at 3:01 PM, ErikRS said:

Hi Martien,

Thanks for all the effort you put into Alfred and its workflows!

One of the reasons why I bought Alfred Power Pack was the option to create tasks in Todoist with Alfred.

After installing the latest version of your workflow, I tried to create a Todoist task with Alfred. However, if I type "todo" and then enter something, I end up with a google search. I also tried to enter "todo [API number]" but I also ended up with a google search. I reinstalled the workflow a couple of times but the result did not change.

I use Todoist 7.0.12 (11333), Alfred v3.6 (903) and workflow v4.02 on MacOS 10.13.3

It would be great if you could suggest how I can solve the problem.

Thanks!!

Best,

Erik

I am having this same issue. I bought Power Pack for this same reason. Please help.

On 6/10/2018 at 2:18 AM, deanishe said:

@ErikRS @Xage Could you check out the thread on reporting issues with workflows? That isn't really enough information to diagnose a problem.

Im using Alfred 3.1.6, Todoist workflow 4.0.2. Mac OS 10.13.5. Everything @erikRS posted is my exact experience. I tried typing t:token and it does a google search. I tried every variation in the Todoist thread with no luck. Everything after t: and todo, turns into a google search. Im thinking its an token issue but i cant seem to get it installed. Forgive me, im totally new to Alfred and to MacOS. Here is what i came up with in the debug mode when i typed t:token

Starting debug for 'Alfred Workflow Todoist'

[2018-06-11 15:36:32][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument '(null)'
[2018-06-11 15:36:32][input.scriptfilter] Script with argument '(null)' finished
[2018-06-11 15:36:32][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 127: chmod: build: No such file or directory
/Users/williamleon/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-3/Workflow Scripts/F4CDCC5C-9086-49CA-9C5E-FECA45FC2C0B: line 15: node: command not found
[2018-06-11 15:36:37][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument ''
[2018-06-11 15:36:37][input.scriptfilter] Script with argument '(null)' finished
[2018-06-11 15:36:37][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 127: /bin/bash: line 14: node: command not found
[2018-06-11 15:36:40][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 't'
[2018-06-11 15:36:40][input.scriptfilter] Script with argument '(null)' finished
[2018-06-11 15:36:40][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 127: /bin/bash: line 14: node: command not found
[2018-06-11 15:36:40][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 'to'
[2018-06-11 15:36:40][input.scriptfilter] Script with argument '(null)' finished
[2018-06-11 15:36:40][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 127: /bin/bash: line 14: node: command not found
[2018-06-11 15:36:41][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 'tok'
[2018-06-11 15:36:41][input.scriptfilter] Script with argument '(null)' finished
[2018-06-11 15:36:41][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 127: /bin/bash: line 14: node: command not found
[2018-06-11 15:36:41][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 'toke'
[2018-06-11 15:36:42][input.scriptfilter] Script with argument '(null)' finished
[2018-06-11 15:36:42][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 127: /bin/bash: line 14: node: command not found
[2018-06-11 15:36:42][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument 'token'
[2018-06-11 15:36:42][input.scriptfilter] Script with argument '(null)' finished
[2018-06-11 15:36:42][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 127: /bin/bash: line 14: node: command not found

Hopefully this helps. 

@Xage That looks clear enough: You don't have node installed (or at least not at /usr/local/bin/node). This workflow doesn't work "out of the box". You need to install Node first.

@Xage @ErikRS When you see the workflow disappears and you just see a bunch of "Search ABC for XYZ" options, those are Alfred's fallback searches. It shows them when a workflow returns no results, which also includes when it dies in flames. If that's happening, open the workflow in Alfred Preferences and then open the debugger. You should see what's going wrong in there.

1 hour ago, deanishe said:

@Xage That looks clear enough: You don't have node installed (or at least not at /usr/local/bin/node). This workflow doesn't work "out of the box". You need to install Node first.

@Xage @ErikRS When you see the workflow disappears and you just see a bunch of "Search ABC for XYZ" options, those are Alfred's fallback searches. It shows them when a workflow returns no results,  which also includes when it dies in flames. If that's happening, open the workflow in Alfred Preferences and then open the debugger. You should see what's going wrong in there.

Thank you for your quick response. Installing Node works. I can now use with Alfred. Thank again!

Edited by Xage
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Looks like a great workflow, but still not working for me.

I installed Node and NPM, and confirmed it is in /usr/local/bin/node

When I run workflow and type:

t:Store token <my token#>

I get a result saying:

Failure: Not a valid token 

My token IS valid as I use it fine with other integrations. I tried creating a new token (which means I have to re-update all my other integrations), but it still didn’t work.

Debugger reports:

[2018-07-15 07:34:25][STDERR: input.scriptfilter] chmod: build: No such file or directory

Grateful for your help.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Im eager to try out the todoist workflow. However something seems to be broke, I did the following:

- Got my API key via Todoist, fe x

- Inserted the following phrase into Alfred.

todo:setting token {x}

But it didnt work, I tried both

todo:setting token {x} and todo:setting token x

Any thoughts where this is going wrong?

On 10/26/2018 at 11:15 AM, marcvanderpeet said:

Hi guys,

Im eager to try out the todoist workflow. However something seems to be broke, I did the following:

- Got my API key via Todoist, fe x

- Inserted the following phrase into Alfred.

todo:setting token {x}

But it didnt work, I tried both

todo:setting token {x} and todo:setting token x

Any thoughts where this is going wrong?

The right way is without brackets. 'x' should be a valid todoist token. There should be something in the first list item with some feedback about whats going on. The notification should also help with whats going on and if there's an error I expect something to show in Alfreds debug log (In alfred: Show Alfred Settings, then Tab Workflows -> select the Alfred Workflow Todoist -> in the upper right corner click the 'bug' icon -> set built-in terminal to  'Log: All information')

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for creating that workflow, it looks great! 🙂

I’m having trouble in the configuration, with a case of "the workflow disappearing and you just see a bunch of "Search ABC for XYZ" options".

I use Todoist 7.1.1 (11546), Alfred v3.7.1 [946], workflow v5.6.5 on macOS 10.14.2, and node.js version 6.14.2 installed in /usr/local/bin/.

Below is the debug log:

======

[2018-12-19 12:52:28][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 1: /Users/dude/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C454EBCF-EA52-4ADD-A1FC-A4C0F88F7195/alfred-workflow-todoist.js:39662

url$$1 = normalizeUrlObject({ ...opts, pathname, search });

^^^

SyntaxError: Unexpected token ...

at createScript (vm.js:56:10)

at Object.runInThisContext (vm.js:97:10)

at Module._compile (module.js:549:28)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:586:10)

at Module.load (module.js:494:32)

at tryModuleLoad (module.js:453:12)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:445:3)

at Module.runMain (module.js:611:10)

at run (bootstrap_node.js:394:7)

at startup (bootstrap_node.js:160:9)

======

Could there be a problem with my node.js installation? 🤔

Edit: I followed the instructions from the page https://www.alfredapp.com/help/getting-started/macos-mojave/, and restarted my computer in between.

Edited by Habeneck
14 minutes ago, Habeneck said:

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for creating that workflow, it looks great! 🙂

I’m having trouble in the configuration, with a case of "the workflow disappearing and you just see a bunch of "Search ABC for XYZ" options".

I use Todoist 7.1.1 (11546), Alfred v3.7.1 [946], workflow v5.6.5 on macOS 10.14.2, and node.js version 6.14.2 installed in /usr/local/bin/.

Below is the debug log:

======

[2018-12-19 12:52:28][input.scriptfilter] Queuing argument ''

[2018-12-19 12:52:28][input.scriptfilter] Script with argument '(null)' finished

[2018-12-19 12:52:28][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 1: /Users/dude/Library/Application Support/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.C454EBCF-EA52-4ADD-A1FC-A4C0F88F7195/alfred-workflow-todoist.js:39662

url$$1 = normalizeUrlObject({ ...opts, pathname, search });

^^^

SyntaxError: Unexpected token ...

at createScript (vm.js:56:10)

at Object.runInThisContext (vm.js:97:10)

at Module._compile (module.js:549:28)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:586:10)

at Module.load (module.js:494:32)

at tryModuleLoad (module.js:453:12)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:445:3)

at Module.runMain (module.js:611:10)

at run (bootstrap_node.js:394:7)

at startup (bootstrap_node.js:160:9)

======

Could there be a problem with my node.js installation? 🤔

Yeah, the use of spread operators in objects was included in node.js in version `8.3`