Hi,

I've noticed that if I use the workflow to add a task to Todoist, say, "empty bins, every wed 9pm," it won't be the same as if I had entered it natively on Todoist. In Todoist itself, any tasks I add with a date and time will get an "auto-reminder" added to them. This is signified by a little alarm clock icon next to the task. My automatic reminders are set up to trigger "0 mins before."

So when the date/time task is added via your workflow, this "auto reminder" doesn't get added making behaviour inconsistent with how my native Todoist set up works. There is an "auto_reminder" property in the API apparently, so could there be a way for a user of the workflow to toggle this to Y/N in the configuration/set up to ensure it is consistent with Todoist web/app?

Thanks.

It doesn’t work at present unfortunately. Give it a go. Something has definitely changed their end in recent weeks. Anything I’ve added with natural language with a date/time, using your Workflow or Drafts on iOS (also uses REST API), now doesn’t create auto-reminders; the alarm clock icon. I only discovered the hard way; not being alerted about timed tasks. Upon investigating, I then found this different behaviour. So I will only send tasks to Todoist via your workflow and Drafts. I will then set dates and times in Todoist so that auto-reminders get applied.

It used to work. I've already raised it with them, but this is what they said. I don't think the support person really grasped what I was on about.

"Thanks for reaching out to us.

From your description of the issue it seems that the issue is with the integrations using the API. It seems they are not using the auto_reminder property when creating tasks and so no default reminder gets added when creating the task.

More information can be found here - https://developer.todoist.com/sync/v8/#add-an-item .

We recommend reporting this to the developers of those apps/integrations so that they can make the adjustments for you."

They've definitely made changes on their front-end lately to reminders. They've added a "before task" option. So if a task has already got an auto-reminder set by virtue of its date/time, when adding another reminder, you can now select x mins / days before. This is definitely new.  The only option before, apart from location, was to set another reminder on a specific time/date.

Every time I start adding the text for a new task, I'm now getting this notification pinging on my desktop. I've not made any changes that I'm aware of. Is there a known way to remedy or stop this from occurring?

Screenshot of Finder (10-01-2020, 11-28-31 am).png

Whoops that's not good. I'm in the middle of a big rewrite which solves a lot of the outstanding issues l, a better updater, better notifications and better error response. I hope I'll be able to release an alpha soon. If that's not acceptable I would recommend a downgrade (find it on github).

Did you ever hear anything back from Todoist? I got a note they'd look into it. But nothing definite.

Thanks.

it was hard work, but I finally got them to acknowledge the issue with the REST API. Relevant dev to resolve was off until Jan. I’ve followed up this week for an update on when it’s likely to be sorted, but no news as yet.

Forgive me if this was covered before, but is anyone else having this problem? This seems like a cool workflow and I'd love it if this is an easy fix! MTIA

[10:30:16.781] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'b'
[10:30:16.974] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'bu'
[10:30:17.183] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'buy'
[10:30:17.295] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'buy '
[10:30:17.797] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[10:30:17.801] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] {"items":[{"uid":"693e9af84d3dfcc71e640e005bdc5e2e","title":"CREATE: b","subtitle":"INBOX","icon":{"path":"icon.png"},"arg":"{\"content\":\"b\",\"priority\":1}","type":"default","valid":true}]}
[10:30:18.345] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[10:30:18.349] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] {"items":[{"uid":"693e9af84d3dfcc71e640e005bdc5e2e","title":"CREATE: buy","subtitle":"INBOX","icon":{"path":"icon.png"},"arg":"{\"content\":\"buy\",\"priority\":1}","type":"default","valid":true}]}
[10:30:22.388] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'buy m'
[10:30:22.522] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'buy mi'
[10:30:22.729] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'buy mil'
[10:30:22.882] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[10:30:22.889] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] {"items":[{"uid":"693e9af84d3dfcc71e640e005bdc5e2e","title":"CREATE: buy m","subtitle":"INBOX","icon":{"path":"icon.png"},"arg":"{\"content\":\"buy m\",\"priority\":1}","type":"default","valid":true}]}
[10:30:22.891] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'buy milk'
[10:30:23.334] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[10:30:23.343] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] {"items":[{"uid":"693e9af84d3dfcc71e640e005bdc5e2e","title":"CREATE: buy mil","subtitle":"INBOX","icon":{"path":"icon.png"},"arg":"{\"content\":\"buy mil\",\"priority\":1}","type":"default","valid":true}]}
[10:30:23.817] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[10:30:23.830] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] {"items":[{"uid":"693e9af84d3dfcc71e640e005bdc5e2e","title":"CREATE: buy milk","subtitle":"INBOX","icon":{"path":"icon.png"},"arg":"{\"content\":\"buy milk\",\"priority\":1}","type":"default","valid":true}]}

On 2/5/2020 at 4:32 PM, Curly Dubewe said:

Forgive me if this was covered before, but is anyone else having this problem? This seems like a cool workflow and I'd love it if this is an easy fix! MTIA

[10:30:16.781] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'b'
[10:30:16.974] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'bu'
[10:30:17.183] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'buy'
[10:30:17.295] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'buy '
[10:30:17.797] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[10:30:17.801] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] {"items":[{"uid":"693e9af84d3dfcc71e640e005bdc5e2e","title":"CREATE: b","subtitle":"INBOX","icon":{"path":"icon.png"},"arg":"{\"content\":\"b\",\"priority\":1}","type":"default","valid":true}]}
[10:30:18.345] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[10:30:18.349] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] {"items":[{"uid":"693e9af84d3dfcc71e640e005bdc5e2e","title":"CREATE: buy","subtitle":"INBOX","icon":{"path":"icon.png"},"arg":"{\"content\":\"buy\",\"priority\":1}","type":"default","valid":true}]}
[10:30:22.388] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'buy m'
[10:30:22.522] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'buy mi'
[10:30:22.729] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'buy mil'
[10:30:22.882] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[10:30:22.889] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] {"items":[{"uid":"693e9af84d3dfcc71e640e005bdc5e2e","title":"CREATE: buy m","subtitle":"INBOX","icon":{"path":"icon.png"},"arg":"{\"content\":\"buy m\",\"priority\":1}","type":"default","valid":true}]}
[10:30:22.891] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'buy milk'
[10:30:23.334] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[10:30:23.343] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] {"items":[{"uid":"693e9af84d3dfcc71e640e005bdc5e2e","title":"CREATE: buy mil","subtitle":"INBOX","icon":{"path":"icon.png"},"arg":"{\"content\":\"buy mil\",\"priority\":1}","type":"default","valid":true}]}
[10:30:23.817] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[10:30:23.830] Alfred Workflow Todoist[Script Filter] {"items":[{"uid":"693e9af84d3dfcc71e640e005bdc5e2e","title":"CREATE: buy milk","subtitle":"INBOX","icon":{"path":"icon.png"},"arg":"{\"content\":\"buy milk\",\"priority\":1}","type":"default","valid":true}]}

Please describe what problem you are referring to. I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Martien