Send to iPhone - myPhoneDesktop

I managed to update the "old" myPhoneDesktop - Send to iPhone extension to an Alfred v2 workflow: randomerrata.com/post/45363184146/send-to-iphone

Note: I am not affiliated with the original author of the extension nor with myPhoneDesktop. I just needed this for myself.

Hopefully someone else will also find this useful.

The original extension had Alfred Extension Updater support, this, for obvious reasons, does not.

tumblr_inline_mjo2szVij11qz4rgp.png

• 2 weeks later...

I set up the workflow to include file actions. It will also filter for only files compatible with myPhoneDesktop (see below). All credits are still with matias's name, I will go uncredited on this one.

Enjoy!: http://d.pr/f/xuFK

Note: Search for files should be enabled via the "Alfred Preferences | Default Results" page.

Current version of myPhoneDesktop can process the following Image and ASCII files:
JPEG image
Portable Network Graphics image (PNG)
Graphics Interchange Format (GIF)
Plain Text (txt)
Markdown document (md and markdown)
vCard (vcf)
comma-separated values (csv)
Log file (log)
HTML document (htm and html)
Cascading style sheet (css)
JavaScript source (js)
Ruby source (rb)
SQL source (sql)

I set up the workflow to include file actions. It will also filter for only files compatible with myPhoneDesktop (see below). All credits are still with matias's name, I will go uncredited on this one.

Boarder,

Most workflow devs are pretty responsive to feature requests. As such, we would like to prevent posts like this. If you have a feature that you want added to a workflow, request the feature from the original workflow developer. If the developer doesn't want to include your feature, you can absolutely modify it to your own needs. If you decide that the functionality added would be something that others may find beneficial, check with the original author before publishing it. When publishing, create your own thread for it, and give credit where it's due. This helps in several ways.. it makes it easier for people to find your workflow, helps keep the original authors thread clear from other posts not involving HIS work (someone else's additions), keeps credit where due, keeps you from unintentionally stealing attention away from the original authors work. 

Thanks

• 1 month later...