Alfred doesn't popup when wireless is not on

tzhou

Issue started fairly recently, but I'm unable to pin point an exact cause.

Phenomenon: When waking the computer from sleep, Alfred doesn't respond to shortcut until wireless connects; when wireless is disconnected, keyboard shortcut is unable to call up Alfred; when wireless reconnects Alfred flashes (once for each pair of times the shortcut was previously pressed). When wireless is turned off, clicking the button in the menubar does nothing for a while, then flashes a bunch after sometime on the top left corner of the screen. The issue seems Infinitely repeatable.

A gif of this in action: While not shown, on each operation with airport, the shortcut for Alfred was pressed. http://d.pr/i/18buP

Alfred v2.4.2 (432), on OSX 10.11.3

I suspected iTerm and F.lux, but the issue persists after both are quit.

Please advise!

Issue started fairly recently, but I'm unable to pin point an exact cause.

Hi there, that's a very odd issue that hasn't been reported before.

Could you please first make sure you're on the latest version of Alfred (you stated 2.4.2 but are using a current build number, so I'm guessing you mean 2.8.2)? Have you restarted your Mac recently to make sure it's not just some temporary OS X quirk?

Also, I can see that you've been a Powerpack user for nearly two years. As you say this is a new issue, you'll need to think back to the point where the issue started to identify which other app you installed around that time; It's likely that something is interfering with hotkeys in certain conditions.

I'll move this thread to investigating, and I'd be grateful if you can let me know if you discover any particular clashes with other apps :)

Cheers,

Vero

Update:

Rebooting helps for some time, until it starts to act up again due to unknown reasons.

Changing the hotkey to other distinctly unused key-combo doesn't help when the issue occurs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Will keep looking. Are there any kind of command-line debugging options or logs?

Thanks!

Ting

Update:

Rebooting helps for some time, until it starts to act up again due to unknown reasons.

Changing the hotkey to other distinctly unused key-combo doesn't help when the issue occurs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Will keep looking. Are there any kind of command-line debugging options or logs?

Thanks!

Ting

Next time you encounter this issue, launch Console.app on your Mac and take a look at what's happening - Not only in relation to Alfred, but to any other apps that may be interfering with hotkeys and causing OS X not to pass through the fact that hotkeys have been pressed.