bamzhisfci44

Power pack version 3

I am very disappointed in how PowerPack version 3 is being advertised and sold. The impression that I had from the email advertisement I received today from Running With Crayons was that version 3 is "on the way" to users who upgrade. I upgraded, but I can find no way to download version 3. I am wondering whether I simply cannot find a way to download the program, or whether version 3 has not been released. If it has not been released, I will be even more disappointed than I am now, because it will mean that the email I got was apparently intended to get me to part with my money before the developers part with version 3.

A second cause for my disappointment is my inability to find a way to communicate directly with a support person via email or chat. To have to post a message like this on a community forum, rather than be able to communicate directly with the developer does not seem like a good way to develop customer relationships.

I hope that I simply have not navigated to the correct portions of the website, and that there is not a different explanation for the frustrations I have described in the paragraphs above.

I apologize for any misunderstandings, but Alfred Version 3 has not yet been released to the public. "On the way" indicates that it is not yet finished — though you can bet Andrew and Vero are working like mad to get it out the door!

To clear a few things up:

• The email you received was not malicious. In fact, giving you the opportunity to purchase the Powerpack at a 10% discount has saved you money
  • Since you just purchased a Powerpack license, you will receive a free upgrade to v3 when it's ready. You have immediate access to Alfred 2 (which is already awesome) and a free license to use the next major version. You have access to two versions of Alfred for the price of one license
  • Vero is a single person who handles license inquiries and support, and Vero needs to sleep. Please be patient, as I'm sure she'll be waking up to many, many emails 

Finally, welcome to the forums! If you have any further questions, please ask! There are plenty of very smart people here who gladly share their knowledge with new users  :)

Edited by Tyler Eich

I am very disappointed in how PowerPack version 3 is being advertised and sold. The impression that I had from the email advertisement I received today from Running With Crayons was that version 3 is "on the way" to users who upgrade. I upgraded, but I can find no way to download version 3. I am wondering whether I simply cannot find a way to download the program, or whether version 3 has not been released. If it has not been released, I will be even more disappointed than I am now, because it will mean that the email I got was apparently intended to get me to part with my money before the developers part with version 3.

Following up on what Tyler's already said very well, we absolutely do not intend to mislead anyone; It's quite common for products to be announced ahead of release. Apple announces the next operating system around 6 months before release. This is a chance for the Alfred community to get excited with us ahead of the release, allowing us to sneak preview features along the way.

If you purchased a license this week, you'll get a free upgrade to version 3 as soon as it's released. You can of course use version 2 in the meantime to enjoy the existing features!

If you ever need to get in touch, you can reach us here, on Twitter (@alfredapp) or by dropping us an email at info@alfredapp com any time! We'll get back to you as quickly as we can, provided we're not sleeping ;)

As Tyler said, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask - We have a brilliant community here, filled with friendly people.

Cheers,
Vero