Search for full sentences?

Quick question: is there a way to search for full/specific phrases (multiple words in given order) with the file search keyword "in" ?

At the moment it seems to just give me anything with all given words regardless of their placement.

I've just been having a bit of a play to see if this is possible with a file filter, but it looks like it's possible with a direct metadata query in Terminal such as:

mdfind "kMDItemTextContent == '*This is a sentence*'"

I'm going to take a look to see if there are some improvements to the file filter, as this should theoretically be possible.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 10 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 3/5/2016 at 1:00 AM, Andrew said:

I've just been having a bit of a play to see if this is possible with a file filter, but it looks like it's possible with a direct metadata query in Terminal such as:

mdfind "kMDItemTextContent == '*This is a sentence*'"

I'm going to take a look to see if there are some improvements to the file filter, as this should theoretically be possible.

Cheers,

Andrew

@Andrew @vitor is there a way to search for specific sentence or sequence of words with "in" keyword. Also I use ff and fc (default file folder search) -- how to search for multiple words inside a file using it?