Workflows not syncing

terning

I have set my syncing through dropbox as recommended, but my workflows are not synced. Dropbox says there has been no change to the sync file for a month.

Alfred build v2.8.2 (432)

Mac OS 10.11.1

If your files aren't syncing properly, it's likely that Alfred on your two Macs aren't looking at the same file. 

On your primary Mac, check where your preferences are synced to, and follow the steps here to sync your second Mac, ensuring it's looking at the same file:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/advanced/sync/

If you're still having issues, could you please provide more details as to where you're syncing to?

Cheers,

Vero

The primary iMac (mid 2011 with strange flash drive setup) is synced to /Users/*myUserName*/Dropbox/Alfred

laptop and work computer are synced to ~/Dropbox/Alfred

I also noted that a deleted workflow (it does not appear with the other workflows in the workflow window) is somehow still active so that when I enter the keyword I am offered a choice between the old and new workflow

The primary iMac (mid 2011 with strange flash drive setup) is synced to /Users/*myUserName*/Dropbox/Alfred

laptop and work computer are synced to ~/Dropbox/Alfred

I also noted that a deleted workflow (it does not appear with the other workflows in the workflow window) is somehow still active so that when I enter the keyword I am offered a choice between the old and new workflow

This sounds like odd behaviour - Are you certain you're not running two versions of Alfred concurrently?

Are all Macs on current versions of OS X and were they restarted recently? It may sound simplistic, but this will ensure that OS X isn't playing a part in you seeing different files on your Macs.

I would recommend making a copy to your Desktop of your Alfred.alfredpreferences file on your main Mac where you've got all of your settings so that you've got a backup, should anything happen.

At this point, set a new sync location that doesn't already exist in Dropbox on your main Mac (e.g. /Dropbox/AlfredPrefs/), and check that Alfred is behaving as you expect on that Mac.

Once you're satisfied that all is well on that Mac, go to your other Macs; Ensure that Dropbox has fully synced and downloaded the new preferences file, then go select this same sync location from your two secondary Macs.

Let me know how you get on :)