[Request]A workflow for send an url to a video player

Hello,I am not sure is it right to post a simple request here. because I've known nothing about coding and I have nobody around me to get help.

I wish to have a workflow that permits me to get url from the clipboard and send to a specific video player? I've tried a lot  similar workflows in the forum and tried to edit the scripts, but i failed.

The video player called "Keyi Video", which allows me to watch online  video without using Flash. there is it's link on Mac App Store https://itunes.apple.com/cn/app/ke-yi-shi-pin/id887162789?mt=12.

I think it would be a simple workflow, but i just don't know how to realise it. 

I really appreciate your help ;)

In your workflow, add a Hotkey and select OS X Clipboard contents for the Argument. Connect this to a Run Script action. Set Language to /bin/bash and put the following in the Script box:

open -a "Keyi Video" "{query}"

It's possible you might need open -a "可意视频" "{query}" instead.

In your workflow, add a Hotkey and select OS X Clipboard contents for the Argument. Connect this to a Run Script action. Set Language to /bin/bash and put the following in the Script box:

open -a "Keyi Video" "{query}"

It's possible you might need open -a "可意视频" "{query}" instead.

Thanks a lot. I've follow your instruction. but it seems that there is a little problem. The "可意视频” launched successfully, but the url i've copied didn't opened in it, instead, it was opened in my default browser again.

here are the screenshots of my workflow.  :D

4382455bgw1f1mb6ptsyrj21kw11ltjd.jpg

4382455bgw1f1mb6r5ck1j211g0r6433.jpg

I'm afraid I don't know, then. That's the standard way of opening a URL in a specific application.

I don't have the app to play with, so I don't know about any app-specific way.

ok, it's still very kind of you. :D thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, it's still very kind of you. :D thanks for your help.

Hey,

Other than workflows, there're quite a few command line tools that can help.

Try ``brew install mpv``. I am sure you know Chinese, so take a look at here for basics.

MPV is a great open-source player for playing online videos, and you may have ``you-get`` installed for the best experience as it supports most Chinese online video websites (https://you-get.org). With mpv & you-get, you can trash that "可意视频".