Help V2 doesn't open any applications

Loaded V2 with all the defaults and found that it doesn't open any apps.  For example, entering excel, comes up with search google for ....  Entering word, used to come up with ms word, now it comes up with search google for "word".  Gone back to v1.2.  

Loaded V2 with all the defaults and found that it doesn't open any apps.  For example, entering excel, comes up with search google for ....  Entering word, used to come up with ms word, now it comes up with search google for "word".  Gone back to v1.2.  

Sounds like something may have been messed up with the app cache or index.  Under the Advanced tab, could you try clearing the application cache or reindexing and let me know your results?

I reindexed the OS cache and cleared the application cache and still no joy.  So back to 1.2.  Now I think that I originally downloaded Alfred from the Apple store (not sure, it was a while ago).  V2 was downloaded from your site.  Next?  And thanks!

I reindexed the OS cache and cleared the application cache and still no joy.  So back to 1.2.  Now I think that I originally downloaded Alfred from the Apple store (not sure, it was a while ago).  V2 was downloaded from your site.  Next?  And thanks!

It might be worth creating a new user profile, switching to that and trying from there to see if things work :)

I'm having the same problem. Every time I restart my laptop Alfred loses all applications.

Using Clear Application Cache works, but only until the next time I restart. I'm currently reindexing and will see if that makes any difference.

I'm having the same problem. Every time I restart my laptop Alfred loses all applications.

Using Clear Application Cache works, but only until the next time I restart. I'm currently reindexing and will see if that makes any difference.

Are you using a 3rd party app which could be clearing OS X's caches on restart (such as app cleaner etc)... this may be corrupting Alfred's application cache. Also, are you running low on disk space?

Are you using a 3rd party app which could be clearing OS X's caches on restart (such as app cleaner etc)... this may be corrupting Alfred's application cache. Also, are you running low on disk space?

I use CCleaner to clear browser caches, and more occasionally CleanMyMac.

No problem with disk space.

Reindexing didn't fix it. Neither did deleting the Alfred plist and preferences files.

It looks like Alfred 2 isn't playing nicely with CCleaner.

When I set CCleaner to clear miscellaneous caches, it seems to corrupt the Alfred application cache. If I set CCleaner to ignore miscellaneous caches it doesn't seem to cause the same problem.

It's odd, the last version of Alfred didn't have this issue.

Hi there,

Could you please tell me if the following file has been created in your home folder:

~/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/filecache.alfdb

If it doesn't, there may be a permissions problem on your Mac and Alfred can't persist or use his app cache. If you repair your OS X permissions, this should fix the issue.

Cheers,

Andrew

As per your email, it looks like the cleaner apps are pulling the rug from under Alfred's feet. Can you add Alfred's folders to a whitelist in these apps?

I'll add a ticket to try and make Alfred more resilient to this in the future. Vero has also contacted some of these apps to ask them to whitelist Alfred's caches, but not all are quick/responsive so it's best if you can manually whitelist apps' caches yourself.

are there any issues with CleanMyMac 2? I use this app on a regular basis and although I have not run it yet since I installed Alfred 2, I want to make sure.

Thanks for any input

Alfred should work fine with CleanMyMac - MacPaw were also very quick to respond to Vero for our recent whitelist request for an upcoming release :)