Screenshot to folder / tagger

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/05/2016 at 5:30 PM, FroZen_X said:

Check this thread out: http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/8811-how-can-i-combine-two-workflows-that-already-exist/

There you can find the function to upload a picture for an image search :) Rest is just copy pasta.

Like with Alfred 3 you can set up really easy a file action that you can add to your current one's.

Once done you can search for you file via Alfred and then use the Action on that file or idk combine screenshot with direct upload :)

Hey there, 

I've tried but I'm afraid this is beyond me. I'd like to do it myself though as I think it would help me get better at Alfred. 

I've downloaded the file you uploaded ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcthmdcc8up9h6q/Google Similar Images.alfredworkflow?dl=0 )

and it works but what I can't understand is how to integrate it into this workflow as an option I pick from the list. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Hi  @deanishe

this script you made for me has proven but at some point along the way it stopped working. 

I overcame on issue but changing "Alfred 4" to ""Alfred 5"

But I'm having issues with permissions. I was wondering whether you'd be able to help. I've done a fair amount of troubleshooting but I'm afraid it's beyond me. 

[12:12:38.678] Take and Move Screenshots[Hotkey] Processing complete
[12:12:38.682] Take and Move Screenshots[Hotkey] Passing output '' to Run Script
[12:12:39.908] Take and Move Screenshots[External] Processing complete
[12:12:39.914] Take and Move Screenshots[External] Passing output '' to Script Filter
[12:12:39.919] Take and Move Screenshots[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''
[12:12:39.920] STDERR: Take and Move Screenshots[Run Script] screencapture: cannot write file to intended destination, /Users/james/Desktop/.temporary-screenshot.png
[12:12:39.929] Take and Move Screenshots[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[12:12:39.931] ERROR: Take and Move Screenshots[Script Filter] Code 126: /bin/bash: /Users/james/Dropbox/App Data & Settings/Alfred/Synced Preferences/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.14292099-49AA-4DE6-9850-8EBDEE4573D3/folders.py: Permission denied

Here's the workflow 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phztefet8bmhfad/Take and Move Screenshots.alfredworkflow?dl=0

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2023 at 2:17 PM, bongobong said:

Hi  @deanishe

this script you made for me has proven but at some point along the way it stopped working. 

I overcame on issue but changing "Alfred 4" to ""Alfred 5"

But I'm having issues with permissions. I was wondering whether you'd be able to help. I've done a fair amount of troubleshooting but I'm afraid it's beyond me. 

[12:12:38.678] Take and Move Screenshots[Hotkey] Processing complete
[12:12:38.682] Take and Move Screenshots[Hotkey] Passing output '' to Run Script
[12:12:39.908] Take and Move Screenshots[External] Processing complete
[12:12:39.914] Take and Move Screenshots[External] Passing output '' to Script Filter
[12:12:39.919] Take and Move Screenshots[Script Filter] Queuing argument ''
[12:12:39.920] STDERR: Take and Move Screenshots[Run Script] screencapture: cannot write file to intended destination, /Users/james/Desktop/.temporary-screenshot.png
[12:12:39.929] Take and Move Screenshots[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[12:12:39.931] ERROR: Take and Move Screenshots[Script Filter] Code 126: /bin/bash: /Users/james/Dropbox/App Data & Settings/Alfred/Synced Preferences/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.14292099-49AA-4DE6-9850-8EBDEE4573D3/folders.py: Permission denied

Here's the workflow 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phztefet8bmhfad/Take and Move Screenshots.alfredworkflow?dl=0

I have a similar "permission denied" error that cropped up today, also on one of @Deanishe 's workflows [see here ]. 
@bongobong Did you get your's resolved?

When you have a problem with permissions like that, it’s likely that for some reason the file is missing the executable permissions. Which in turn is likely to happen if your sync solution screws those up. For example, the Maestral client for Dropbox can remove the execution bit of everything you sync because it uses the Dropbox API and that doesn’t expose that information.

If you know how to chmod +x in a Terminal, you can do that. If you don’t, it’ll be easier to delete the workflow and redownload/reinstall because that’ll set everything as it was.

15 hours ago, vitor said:

When you have a problem with permissions like that, it’s likely that for some reason the file is missing the executable permissions. Which in turn is likely to happen if your sync solution screws those up. For example, the Maestral client for Dropbox can remove the execution bit of everything you sync because it uses the Dropbox API and that doesn’t expose that information.

If you know how to chmod +x in a Terminal, you can do that. If you don’t, it’ll be easier to delete the workflow and redownload/reinstall because that’ll set everything as it was.

Ah – thanks, this at least confirms what happened.

I used Box to sync my Alfred prefs – and Box had to be "reset" yesterday, given some unknown issue. That must have caused the issue. I will see what I can manage, in terms of sorting this out.