Appearance settings lost on restart [Resolved]

Hi,

Theme selections, modifications, and appearance options (such as "Hide menu bar options") are lost when quitting and restarting Alfred. I just noticed this yesterday after I updated to latest version of El Capitan, but not sure if that is coincidental. My sync folder is in Dropbox (not in the default apps folder) and tried repairing permissions as suggested here.

Any of other suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,

Theme selections, modifications, and appearance options (such as "Hide menu bar options") are lost when quitting and restarting Alfred. I just noticed this yesterday after I updated to latest version of El Capitan, but not sure if that is coincidental. My sync folder is in Dropbox (not in the default apps folder) and tried repairing permissions as suggested here.

Any of other suggestions?

Thanks

It sounds like there may still be a bit of permissions corruption which, as you say, may or may not have been caused by the latest update.

1. Could you please temporarily un-sync your preferences (e.g. by setting the folder to ~/Documents/Alfred/) then see whether your preferences save correctly?

2. If your preferences do save correctly at that stage, please create a new, different sync location on Dropbox and try again. 

3. If that also works fine, you'll just need to make sure that, if you're syncing two Macs, you go to the second Mac, wait until Dropbox has finished updating (including downloading the newly set preferences) and select this location in Alfred's preferences, so that both Macs look at the same prefs.

Once you've done all this and you're satisfied that the new preferences contain everything you need, you can discard the old ones.

Let me know how you get on :)

Cheers,

Vero

1. Could you please temporarily un-sync your preferences (e.g. by setting the folder to ~/Documents/Alfred/) then see whether your preferences save correctly?

This solved it locally.

2. If your preferences do save correctly at that stage, please create a new, different sync location on Dropbox and try again. 

Still worked after change to new location on Dropbox.

3. If that also works fine, you'll just need to make sure that, if you're syncing two Macs, you go to the second Mac, wait until Dropbox has finished updating (including downloading the newly set preferences) and select this location in Alfred's preferences, so that both Macs look at the same prefs.

I will make sure it's working when I get to the other computer and report back if there's any problem.

Thanks for the speedy reply!  :D