Create mysql database from script action

I'm trying to create a new mysql database as part of a workflow in a Script action, but nothing seems to be happening. I've tried:

mysql -uroot -pMYPASS -e 'create database {query}' > /dev/null 2>&1

and

usr/local/bin/mysql -uroot -pMYPASS -e "create database {query}" > /dev/null 2>&1

but I'm not getting anything created in MySQL. I have the > /dev/null 2>&1 in there so it doesn't throw exceptions that prevents {query} from getting passed to an Output Script.

Any ideas on how to get the db created?

I'm setting up a workflow for creating a new local WordPress site (will be adapting it for a few other systems once I have this one running). Since I can't trigger one action from another, I'm running a bash script to pull the latest WordPress, extract and do all of those tasks, then using a few output scripts to finish the process. I ended up using PHP to in an Output Script to create the database since whatever I tried, running a Script in Alfred wouldn't talk to the mysql command. I know multiple Actions are in the works, which would be perfect for this, but the concurrent output scripts works ok for now.