Sign in to follow this  
andy

{date} and {time} format in Snippets

Hi guys, the new snippets auto expansion is nice. Thanks for such a great update! 

Anyway is it possible to set different format for {date} and {time} ?

Edited by andy

The list andy mentions above is for V2. Is there a V3 documentation somewhere? I have noticed that I can use more robust date features with V3. For instance I can now use {date:YMMddHHmmssss} to create a unique date stamp and I can use {date:YYYYMMdd} to create sortable dates for files.

Are there other new place holders or placeholder options other than what is listed on the above page?

Edited by BigHandsome

The list andy mentions above is for V2. Is there a V3 documentation somewhere? I have noticed that I can use more robust date features with V3. For instance I can now use {date:YMMddHHmmssss} to create a unique date stamp and I can use {date:YYYYMMdd} to create sortable dates for files.

Are there other new place holders or placeholder options other than what is listed on the above page?

Hi guys,

This is already possible in Alfred 3, but as it's still in beta, the documentation isn't live yet.

You can just use {date:FORMAT} e.g. for ISO 8601: {date:yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ssZZZZZ}

Take a look at http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr35/tr35-31/tr35-dates.html#Date_Format_Patternsuntil our own documentation is live to be more specific with your date formatting.

Cheers,
Vero

Awesome! This is great.

Is there a way to do math with the dates. The last thing I need to port from TextExpander is a date formula that allows me to insert the date for 14 days from now. the snippet looks like this in TextExpander %@+14D%B %e, %Y. I was wondering if there was a similar in the new snippets features?