realbase

Fill-ins in snippets (textexpander replacement!)

The new snippet feature is great. Would be even greater to have fill-ins in snippets.

Especially since Text-expander has become very expensive; this will be the perfect textexpander replacer!

Edited by realbase

If I understand correctly, you are talking about a snippet that pops up a form where you provide values for fields (e.g. the addressee of an email). You can get that feature with aText, which is $5.

It would be awesome to have this for Alfred though!

Gotta throw my +1 in here. This is the only reason I am keeping TextExpander on my machine. (and the fact that it can run javascript snippets, but that's something I don't use as much). Thanks for your consideration.

12 hours ago, dfay said:

You can do this with snippet triggers in workflows.

He knows: I actually sent him to this thread because using Snippet Triggers is a cumbersome way to achieve this (especially if the snippet has multiple placeholders), and a real job of work if you have a large number of such snippets (as i believe @Ran does).

I’m still using Typinator for such snippets for that reason.

+1 I would like to see this supported. A very useful and obvious extension to vanilla snippets.