System Control

Just did that and found that Alfred did not have access. Strange thing now, though, is Alfred Remote is doing nothing for my Mac and I'm sure both devices are on the same network. 

Just did a reboot and some functions work and others don't. Very random behavior.

Edited by csonni

Just did that and found that Alfred did not have access. Strange thing now, though, is Alfred Remote is doing nothing for my Mac and I'm sure both devices are on the same network. 

In Alfred 3 you have to readd your devices to Alfred. Have you done that?

Other than that you might have the same problem as described here: http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/8900-alfred-remote-won%E2%80%99t-connect-to-server-after-updating-to-alfred-3/

Your firewall might be blocking Alfred remote. Double check that as the only the server from Alfred 2 might be allowed.

Just did a reboot and some functions work and others don't. Very random behavior.

Are these always the same functions? 

You should maybe create temporarily a new user → run Alfred there and check if you still have the issues

Deactivate your firewall to check if you have still problems then.

Take a look at your activity monitor, if the server is running if you cannot connect.

Should look like this:

14w7hb4.png

Also check your accessibility once again to make sure.

That should look like this:

902ao8.png

Last but not least if you're having connection problems try out to direct connect. To do that go to Alfreds remote app on your iOS device,

Click on "connections" → Add and then "Direct".

There you can add the IP-Adress of your mac and the Port. The port is the port which you have set up in Alfred preferences on your mac under 

"Remote" the little cog at the bottom right.

You can also use bluetooth connection, if you want. Here's a link: https://www.alfredapp.com/help/remote/setting-up/bluetooth/

One last thing! I know some people had issues with the Remote app and reinstalling it on iOS fixed it.

Edited by FroZen_X

Ended up being my oversight on this one. I didn't realize some of the actions required a double-tap such as Quit All Apps, Restart and Shutdown. Works fine now.

Ah didn't keep that in mind. You can deactivate that by doubleclicking the Action in Alfred on your mac and remove the confirm :)

Edited by FroZen_X