Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
xqiao

Troubleshooting indexing issues after update to V3

Recommended Posts

After I updated V2 to V3 and bought a license, it seems everything went smoothly. However, I again installed some new apps like Day One on my mac, this time V3 cannot find them. I checked online and followed the steps here: https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/indexing/

 

Now, the problem is that on my mac the spotlight can find the new apps I installed but Alfred V3 cannot. Should I just 'rebuild OS X Metadata' as the article says? But it seems my situations are different. Would you please tell me is there any other way to fix?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

After I updated V2 to V3 and bought a license, it seems everything went smoothly. However, I again installed some new apps like Day One on my mac, this time V3 cannot find them. I checked online and followed the steps here: https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/indexing/

 

 

Can you do a Get Info (Cmd + I) on the app and check you haven't previously set a "alfred:ignore" comment on the app? Another user overnight mentioned he couldn't find certain apps and it turned out they're previously set comments and forgot.

 

For reindexing specific apps, you can launch Spotlight's Privacy tab, drag the app to it, wait 30 seconds, then drag it back out so that OS X reindexes the app itself rather than have to do your whole Mac.

 

Follow this tip to get an mdls of the file and post it here if the above doesn't work, so we can see what metadata is available for the app:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/indexing/mdls/

 

Cheers,

Vero

Share this post


Link to post

 

Can you do a Get Info (Cmd + I) on the app and check you haven't previously set a "alfred:ignore" comment on the app? Another user overnight mentioned he couldn't find certain apps and it turned out they're previously set comments and forgot.

 

For reindexing specific apps, you can launch Spotlight's Privacy tab, drag the app to it, wait 30 seconds, then drag it back out so that OS X reindexes the app itself rather than have to do your whole Mac.

 

Follow this tip to get an mdls of the file and post it here if the above doesn't work, so we can see what metadata is available for the app:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/indexing/mdls/

 

Cheers,

Vero

 

 

Hi Vero,

 

Thanks for replying. Well, my Alfred 3 works well now.

 

I checked the info on the app and found there's no 'Alfred: ignore' commend. So I reindex the metadata as well as reset the 'search scope'. For resetting the 'search scope', instead of deleting all the default folders, this time I chose to keep the '/applications' folder and then customize it. I don't know which action I took works, but so far my Alfred 3 works well.

 

Again, thanks for helping. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...