Shortcut to copy path to clipboard

Hi,

I'm using Alfred 3, and find it really useful for searching for files. Often when I've searched for a file I want to copy the path to the clipboard - for example, to use it in the terminal or copy into some code I'm writing. At the moment I have to press Right Arrow on the file in the results list, and then scroll down to the bottom of the list to find the 'Copy path to clipboard' option.

Is there any way to make this quicker/easier?

Ideally, I'd love to be able to change what Ctrl+Enter or Opt+Enter do on a file in the results list - but none of the options in the configuration are 'Copy path to clipboard'. Similarly, although I can see a list of 'Default Actions' in the Alfred preferences, I can't see a way to re-order these.

Is there any way to do this?

Cheers,

Robin

Hi,

I'm using Alfred 3, and find it really useful for searching for files. Often when I've searched for a file I want to copy the path to the clipboard - for example, to use it in the terminal or copy into some code I'm writing. At the moment I have to press Right Arrow on the file in the results list, and then scroll down to the bottom of the list to find the 'Copy path to clipboard' option.

Is there any way to make this quicker/easier?

Ideally, I'd love to be able to change what Ctrl+Enter or Opt+Enter do on a file in the results list - but none of the options in the configuration are 'Copy path to clipboard'. Similarly, although I can see a list of 'Default Actions' in the Alfred preferences, I can't see a way to re-order these.

Is there any way to do this?

Cheers,

Robin

You can just select the File/Folder you found and press Cmd+C and it will copy the path with file to your clipboard. 

To kinda sort your actions by usage, go to Alfred preferences → File search → Actions → and check Action Ordering.

There you can also deselect some actions you don't need. 

Hope that helps :)